1/35th scale figure

geedubelyer

Hello all,

I'd like to pick your collective brains if I may?

I need some help finding a suitable figure for conversion. Since I know nothing about military modelling and there are "billions" of figures available from the various companies, I thought I'd ask the more knowledgable. :smartass:

Can any of you blokes/blokettes suggest a suitable figure to allow me to create a modern pilot character.

Ideally, the candidate will be standing, in a relaxed pose and possibly wearing overalls of some description. in my minds eye the end figure will probably not be wearing a hat of any kind and could be standing with his hands clasped behind his back but obviously this is easily open to change.

My hope is to model a modern USAF pilot as if at an airshow or similar. That way he'll only be wearing a flying suit and not all of the life vest and associated paraphenalia.

I am also willing to combine a couple of figures too. Perhaps the torso and legs off one, the arms off another and then a head from somewhere else to achieve a reasonable look.

I expect to have to do some re-modelling to get the zips and pockets in the correct place which is fine. I just need some guidance on where to start my search.

Any help is much appreciated.

I know that there are several manufacturers offering figure sets but I don't know where to begin.......

Cheers. :confused:

Hello all,

I'd like to pick your collective brains if I may?

I need some help finding a suitable figure for conversion. Since I know nothing about military modelling and there are "billions" of figures available from the various companies, I thought I'd ask the more knowledgable. :smartass:

Can any of you blokes/blokettes suggest a suitable figure to allow me to create a modern pilot character.

Ideally, the candidate will be standing, in a relaxed pose and possibly wearing overalls of some description. in my minds eye the end figure will probably not be wearing a hat of any kind and could be standing with his hands clasped behind his back but obviously this is easily open to change.

My hope is to model a modern USAF pilot as if at an airshow or similar. That way he'll only be wearing a flying suit and not all of the life vest and associated paraphenalia.

I am also willing to combine a couple of figures too. Perhaps the torso and legs off one, the arms off another and then a head from somewhere else to achieve a reasonable look.

I expect to have to do some re-modelling to get the zips and pockets in the correct place which is fine. I just need some guidance on where to start my search.

Any help is much appreciated.

I know that there are several manufacturers offering figure sets but I don't know where to begin.......

Cheers. :confused:

Hello mate, I have several of these figures, I know they are 32nd scale and seated but you might be able to modify

them of use them as a basis, they are very good. even decals for the various units are provided.

http://ventersaerospace.com/MASTER_DETAILS.htm

Dan

Edited by Dads203

Hello mate, I have several of these figures, I know they are 32nd scale and seated but you might be able to modify

them of use them as a basis, they are very good. even decals for the various units are provided.

Dan

Hi Dan, thanks for taking the time to reply. I've seen these and they look very good. They'll be a definate improvement over many of the kit pilots.

Unfortunately, I suspect that the work involved to remove all of the flying gear, g-suit, hoses etc. might be too much and with all of the filing and sanding needed, I'll end up with a blob of resin that does n't resemble anything...... :unsure:

I was hoping to start from a "plain-ish" standing figure and then maybe add zips and pockets to that but, thanks for your help anyway :)