Airfix HMS Victorious available again

John

I ordered one on Friday,

will be my first tentative venture into ship modelling. Alas she will not be built as HMS Victorious though, will be what-if'd as SANV Simon Van Der Stel, SA Navy Carrier (if only!....)

:evil_laugh:

Duncan

Be nice if we could get some extra a/c for the flight deck!

You Betcher!

Gannets,Whirlwinds,Wessex,Scimitar,Dragonfly,Seahawk............................

Oh sorry :closedeyes:

dreaming again!

Rex

I ordered one on Friday,

will be my first tentative venture into ship modelling. Alas she will not be built as HMS Victorious though, will be what-if'd as SANV Simon Van Der Stel, SA Navy Carrier (if only!....)

:evil_laugh:

Duncan

I like how you think Duncan :speak_cool:

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks,

Just got mine today and sad to say the moulds have not taken kindly over the years. Most of the aircraft on mine are badly moulded and the hull and flightdeck have areas were is looks like it has melted. I hope WEM do a update set of it and replacement aircraft to make the deck look more busy.

There is nothing that some filler and a bit of elbow grease won't fix, on the aircraft front I want to get my grubby mitts on some Buccaneers and Wessex (come on WEM catch my drift). When I get back from my MoD summer holiday I will be investing in some WEM etch sets and have a damn good go at trying to make it.

Who'll be the first to fold & super detail the wings on all those 1/700 Sea Vixens & Scimitars?

First one to find a 1/700th kit - this one is 1/600th!!!

It's strange that both Airfix and Fujimi cocked up the air group on post-war RN carriers -Seafires, Gannets and Wessex (actually S58s) on the Fujimi Eagle and Ark Royal and Scimitars, Sea Vixens and Skyraiders on Victorious - which could only have been the air group for the briefest of periods

But ironically the box art shows a full complement of Sea Vixens, Wessex helicopters and Buccaneers. How many firm orders would WEM need to make an update set viable; I believe they already do an etched brass update set.

• 13 years later...