ILA Berlin airshow 2008 pics

DamienB

Well as somebody has installed a permanent grey cloud over the UK for every airshow date, I escaped the country to find some sunshine. With some success!

It was a potentially brilliant show let down badly by the crazy decision to continue displays during commercial movements by the simple expedient of moving the displays much further away! You'd have needed a 3000mm lens for some of the displays. Also gutted that the 262 did not fly but at least I caught the taxiing tests after the show had finished.

For the routines that were actually put on within visual range, many were ridiculously short - a couple of passes from the C-17, B-25 and DC-6 for instance - which we all thought was a problem caused by the sheer number of acts. Better to skip the far away displays altogether and allow the other acts more time to strut their stuff!

ila0801.jpg

ila0802.jpg

ila0803.jpg

ila0804.jpg

ila0805.jpg

ila0806.jpg

ila0807.jpg

ila0808.jpg

ila0809.jpg

ila0810.jpg

ila0811.jpg

ila0812.jpg

ila0813.jpg

ila0814.jpg

ila0815.jpg

Cleaner...?!

ila0816.jpg

A graphic demo of the display distance problem with some acts - the Airbus is departing, the Chinook is displaying!

ila0817.jpg

ila0818.jpg

ila0819.jpg

ila0820.jpg

If you look behind you and see this, it could be the beginning of a very bad day!!, if you're in the air that is

ila0804.jpg

This shot is pure wizardry, from pilots and photographer, and excellent photo..congrats

ila0805.jpg

This brings back some memories, thank you.

ila0808.jpg

Excellent piccies, keep'em coming mate you have an admiring public.

:clif:

ila0805.jpg

Here, number 2's rotors are out of line :devil::sorry: I'll go :suicide:

Seriously though great pic's as usual Damien :clap2: