Revell 1/72 Lancaster listed as a "New Release"

John

Apparently a project by the same man that gave us the Kondor. Pleased? Yes. Most likely half of Hasegawas price? Yes. Better than Hasegawa? Good predictions. Although Hase should be hard to beat.

Life is good for us muddlers.

K

Apparently a project by the same man that gave us the Kondor. Pleased? Yes. Most likely half of Hasegawas price? Yes. Better than Hasegawa? Good predictions. Although Hase should be hard to beat.

Life is good for us muddlers.

K

Well, if the Kondor is anything to go by, it should be worth waiting for :D

Be funny if it turned out to be the old Frog or Matchbox kit!

John

No it wouldn't!!

I think the release date is October 2007.

Jim

I'm sure that nice man who lives up Norfolk way would be delighted to sell you a Mk II resin conversion!

peebeep

Yes I'm sure he would...but I'd really like to see one in injected plastic. But then again, I'd like to see a Merlin Beau and a Twin Stage Mosi in 1/72 injected plastic too. Just greedy I guess. :)

Jim

If only it was going to be a Mk I/II as in the little blue sign...

Jim

Yeah, that would have been cool. Having spent many times admiring the display of Bristol engines in the old Industrial Museum, I always fancied doing a Hercules powered Lanc.

We can live in hope that its not a typo though!

Bearing in mind Revell's penchant for releasing differing variants a few years apart, they'd be daft not to include some options in the tooling - although it will probably be Dambusters and Tallboy/Grand Slam rather than mk II.

There was a rumour that the Matchbox Lancaster was supposed to be a mk II, but it was felt to be too little known a variant.

Got to admit I'd be quite keen to see a Mk II kitted, just something a little different from the normal.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Hannants have it listed at £14.99 (or 95). Makes sense for Revell to release it at their Nats in September, so it's a good job that I'm going to be there. If it is a re-pop of the Hase one then

Hase will not be happy. Hope it's a Revell new boxing with the outer engines correctly placed

and not as Hase have them all pigeon toed in.

Regards

Paul

No it isn't. Thought that was a bit short for an answer but can't think of owt else to say.

'No it isn't' is politer than complete crap which is what I would call it. :shit:

The Lanc scheduled for release later this year is supposed to be all new tooling, not a Hasegawa re-pop. BTW somebody did explain how it is that Revell are able to do Hasegawa re-boxing at knock down prices that keeps Mr Hasegawa smiling not frowning - but I forget what the explanation is.

peebeep