y6aie4.jpg

Then add one of these

y6aieg.jpg

And then some of these

y6aieh.jpg

Then it starts to look like this

y6aiei.jpg

y6aiex.jpg

I have no idea if I'm doing this right as I have never done a Diorama quite like this.

The banking is going to be higher but I'm having to wait till it dries as it was 'spreading' under it's own weight.

Comments anyone?

Yep that's pretty much how I do it, I have some assorted spare tracks from AFV's that I use to inprint the filler do the same with a spare figure to put some footprints down. Spray it light or dark earth, use some white glue to attach some static grass and away she goes. I'm no expert as you can tell but it works for me.

Cheers

Den

That looks spot on Mish! Nice use of a tree! Could i ask, are you going to put trackmarks in before the filler sets? it really would look good if you did that!

Modelzone eh? Wish we had one local.

That looks spot on Mish! Nice use of a tree! Could i ask, are you going to put trackmarks in before the filler sets? it really would look good if you did that!

It's going to be a metaled road. The type where tar is laid/sprayed and the chippings scattered over the top.

Good source of cheap grass, sawdust seived through a tea strainer. Put diluted white glue on base, sprinkle sawdust, paint to suit!

Not been able to do much the past couple of days as I've been busy doing the things I should have been doing rather than modeling :(

Anyway got some more PVA glue today, is that what you guys across the pond call white glue?

So went into the modelling room to put it on the table and couldn't resist 10 minutes with the models. So got the road surface down, it's a lot thicker than it will be as I have yet to shake off the excess.

y6dswn.jpg

y6dswp.jpg

As far as the base goes I'm calling this one done.

y64fqy.jpg

y64fq1.jpg

y64fq2.jpg

y64fq3.jpg

And from the drivers eye view.

y64fqf.jpg

And now with the Sherman in place.

y64fq5.jpg

y64fqs.jpg

y64fq7.jpg

I'm now having a debate with myself as whether or not to put the trailing GI's in.

You comments as always are welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Thanks for your comments guys.

Antoine and MM yes this is my very first diorama that I have built from scratch. I've painted plastic dios that have come with kits but this was a first for me other than the grassy base that I did for my ASK21 glider.