Airfix Dogfight Double - Spit Mk IX and Me 110

Great - if only to prove that the Airfix Me 110 can be built!

I love the unlikely combinations Airfix came up with for their dogfight doubles - Johnnie Johnson in his late war Spit IX battles it out with a BoB Me 110, and why not I say. Not half as daft as the Cessna O-2 fighting it out with a MiG-21 I suppose.

Great - if only to prove that the Airfix Me 110 can be built!

I love the unlikely combinations Airfix came up with for their dogfight doubles - Johnnie Johnson in his late war Spit IX battles it out with a BoB Me 110, and why not I say. Not half as daft as the Cessna O-2 fighting it out with a MiG-21 I suppose.

And a Chinese MiG21 at that! My favourites were the Mossie/Me262 and the MiG15/Mirage.

John

Didn't Airfix also do the Roland and RE8 as a DFD?

I'd love to see what a Spit IX would do to a Me 110 D/E - but I'd need a slow-mo camera to capture the brief but incredibly utter carnage that would ensue...

Reminds me of the PC game airfix came out with just before their last demise - where you could fly models round you house and have dogfights etc - brilliant idea, What became of it I wonder?

Cheers

JonKT

I think the aircraft have got onto the wrong poles during storage have they not :winkgrin: I remember building the Airfix Bf110 a few years ago and being seriously disapointed. For some reason Airfix had you painting it in a one colour grey top surface :shrug:

Pat

Reminds me of the PC game airfix came out with just before their last demise - where you could fly models round you house and have dogfights etc - brilliant idea, What became of it I wonder?

Cheers

JonKT

Airfix Dogfighter! It's an *ace* game. I must get round to re-installing it...

http://www.airfixdogfighter.co.uk/index.htm

Currently on eBid for £6.25 - Listing here

Or get the demo from CNet for free:

Link

Edited by EastEnder