Old 1/96 Frog kits

Dave T

Just picked up some old Frog civil 1/96 kit's (Comet, DC-7 and a Britannia) complete with blue plastic stands, all tatty.

Are any rare and/or worth restoring please ? I know now't about such things unless it's military.

Example below.......

airliners014.jpg

Dave,

WIth that one Id strip it and be knockin on Speedy's door for advice on redoing her as Canopus :yahoo:

Bexy

I suggest you strip the old paint off and make "Comrod" as "Canopus" needs a fuselage extension. Here is my effort.

DSCF3365-1.jpg

Not too sure with the others, maybe AHS has some decal sets that you could use. MODeller

Personally I'd try to restore them. Never seen any of them in a shop and I've been modelling since 1968. Two Six Decals do some 1/96th sheets for the Comet 4 and Britannia. Linky http://www.lycoseshop.co.uk/epages/twosixd...ale%20Decals%22

The only 1/96th kit I've done was the Caravelle (a Novo repop) and I didn't know they did a DC-7.

Paul Harrison

PS MODeller RAE Comet looks excellent.

Edited by GreenDragon

Great stuff folks.

Gotta love that 'Canopus' :speak_cool:

Paul, i didn't know they did the DC-7 or even the Britannia either, but i'm gonna keep the Comet and probably use those Dan-Air decals you linked to, thanks !

The rest i've put up for auction

Cheers.....

Edited by Dave T

Thanks for the comments. Just to even things up here is Canopus. Both will be on the table at Salisbury show tomorrow if you are attending. MODeller

DSCF3361.jpg

Frog also produced a Vickers Viscount in 1/96 [not to be confused with the ITC/Glencoe kit] the stock livery was BEA, both Peony and 'red square'. It was also briefly issued in KLM livery.

The DC-7 stock livery was BOAC, again there was a limited production run, this time in a SAS livery.

Marty...

Edited by marty_hopkirk