Lancia Stratos

With the Motorsport GB going on, I thought people might like to see my Lancia Stratos. It wasn't built for the GB, but as I reckon it's the best looking rally car ever, maybe people would like to see it anyway.

It was built as an experiment really, as the bodyshell was moulded in white plastic and I wondered if it would be possible to finish it without painting it. I polished it to a high shine with Mastercasters polishing sticks, decalled straight on top, and sealed it all with airbrushed Klear. The results of the experiment then, are yes it's possible, but I wouldn't do it again - the decals don't take well to bare plastic. The decals around the bonnet louvres were difficult to get to settle too, and every one of the louvres had to be slit open to facilitate this.

Other than that, it was built totally out of the box, as even the aerial wire and flexible mudflaps are included in the kit!

Hope you like it,

Dean

hs1.jpg

hs6.jpg

hs5.jpg

hs4.jpg

hs3.jpg

hs2.jpg

i can just see the tail of the monster flicking out just as you do hairpin on your bed ! :speak_cool: very neatly done she just looks too clean for a 70's rally car :lol:

ian.

I guess its clean cuz its not been on the road yet!! :evil_laugh:

Very beautifully made Dean... Now get it dirty !!!

Houston....... :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments folks, and as for it being clean - that was due to the reference pictures I got off the internet. Looked like the car was at some presentation somewhere, and it gleamed, even the wheels were clean. That's why I didn't weather it anywhere - I wanted to capture that showroom look.

Cheers,

Dean

My favourite car. Great job on it too!

Many hours/days/weeks/months/moons? have i spent in my early twenties on my sega saturn, playing Sega Rally, racing round the same 3 tracks in this beast.

I'm gonna have to make a dirty one some day.

Tim