Douglas Boston Ref's ??

Ian

I have the two Squad/Sig volumes and I know that Ian Allan Publications did one of their excellent 'At War' volumes on the Boston.... can anybody point me in the direction of any other good references for the Boston/Havoc - more interested in anything RAF related.....

Thanks

Ian

I have the two Squad/Sig volumes and I know that Ian Allan Publications did one of their excellent 'At War' volumes on the Boston.... can anybody point me in the direction of any other good references for the Boston/Havoc - more interested in anything RAF related.....

Thanks

Ian

Hiya

A recent issue of SAMI had a set of drawings and colour profiles (can't vouch for their accuracy though) for the Boston/Havoc if that's of any use - I think it was the February issue

The line drawings I think are pretty good.

HTH

Mike

Thanks

Ian

Ah very timely post, and as i have a penchant for RAAF A-20's i have these books to hand.....

Bostons.jpg

There is more including at least another issue of Scale Aircraft Modelling and another SAMI, plus the 'A-20 At War' book you mention.

Hope this helps........?

:D

D*mn you guys are good ! - Thank you all very much. I forgot about Allan Hall's book.... wonder if Transport Models has got one, :hmmm:

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Ian,

You're a God!!! I'm modelling a Boston III for my uncle who flew them and have just ordered the Crowood book from Amazon. Genius!!!

Any idea where i can get 1/48 scale decals from? I'm using the Italerei kit which is based on a 226 Squadron aircraft and my uncle flew in 88 squadron so I need different marking letters and registration codes

Timmy

Edited by timbo33

Cheers Ian,

You're a God!!! I'm modelling a Boston III for my uncle who flew them and have just ordered the Crowood book from Amazon. Genius!!!

Any idea where i can get 1/48 scale decals from? I'm using the Italerei kit which is based on a 226 Squadron aircraft and my uncle flew in 88 squadron so I need different marking letters and registration codes

Timmy

Look for Tally-Ho ! decals. Three sheets for R.A.F. codes/numbers. Reference numbers are: 48010/11/12

Ken

You're also a God Ken!!

Have had a look on Hannants website and they've got 48004 - 1/48 Serial Nos and 48012 is 1/48 24" and 30" Red Identification Letters - should do the trick!!