B-29 books ?

Dave T

Guys....

does anyone have B-29 Superfortress by John M Campbell published by Schiffer and / or..... B-29 the Ultimate Look by William Wolf and also published by Schiffer more recently ?

If so, how do you rate them ? For example, do either cover post-war variants such as the B-50 ?

Or recommend any others instead perhaps ?

TIA.......

Hi Dave

I too struggled to find information on the post war B-29's and B-50's I was specifically after pictures of the KB-29P's for My build.

I got the Squadron Signal book 0-89747-370-1 and this contains a bit of history and quite a few pictures of the post war versions.

Also the Warbird tech series book 0-933424-79-5 is quite good.

There seems to be loads of information about the war bombers and of course the atom bomb missions but little afterwards.

What kit are you planning, A little one or a man size one? :thumbsup:

One of my next projects is a B-50 conversion on the Monogram 1:48 kit. I have the Paragon resin conversion kit but still need to source another set of Paragon B-29 flaps for it.

Craig.

Craig,

Hey nice build :thumbsup:

I have two 1/48 B-29's in the stash, but i'm enamoured/intrigued by an Academy 1/72 B-50D i've just acquired, and the way Academy have extended the mould usage with the other B-29's and KC-97's etc...

But trying to find ref's on them is near impossible. As you say, the majority of published works such as Crowood, a few Squadron Signal titles, Osprey, etc... all pretty much concentrate on the WWII & Korean exploits, but not Cold War stuff.

As both Schiffer books are £40+ a pop each, i wanna get the best of the best. Is the one entitled 'The Ultimate Look' really the ultimate look ?