AEW Nimrod

sandy

Here`s my build. It`s the airfix 1/72 Nimrod with the Cammnet AEW conversion. Have built a Nimrod MR1 and R1 already so the basic kit holds no surprises. Initially `chopped` up the fuselage using the instructions supplied with the conversion , this was a little fraught as its not a cheap kit to start cutting up , but all credit to cammnet , the new nose and tail fit perfectly. Certain windows were blanked off using reference pictures to get the correct configuration anda word of warning to anyone doing this build - IT NEEDS SOME SERIOUS LEAD UP THE FRONT - as much as you can get in !!!!.

Will post more as the build progresses. Not sure which colour scheme to use , will wait for the MA nimrod part 4 decals to come out before I make that descion.

Sandy

aewnimrod005.jpg

aewnimrod007.jpg

aewnimrod008.jpg

aewnimrod015.jpg

Well you dont hang around do you Sandy? So far so good matey :thumbsup2: I doubt I'll get a chance to build one, but re the lead, is the AEW nose hollow?

:popcorn: & :beer: at the ready

Bexy

Looking great so far Sandy, I really really don't want to burst your bubble but wasn't the AEW version of the Nimrod a great British turkey?

(Meant to put a smiley in by way of apology but the little yellow bleeders have deserted me!)

• 4 months later...

Aplogies for not updating this thread sooner. Have finished the construction as you can see below and the airframe is primed ready for painting. Now for the snag , I am still waiting for Model Alliance to release their Nimrod Part 4 decal sheet which has the AEW aircraft on it. Could `bodge` together some decals frpm the spares box but would rather wait for some accurate ones as I want the kit to be as realastic as possible. If the decals are releaed before the SMW will endeavour to get it finished for then

Sandy

various057.jpg

• 11 months later...