Gallery

AnonymousA667

• 2 months later...

HMS Hood Commissioned!I`ve finished my build of The Mighty `Ood,for the Best of British GB.

I was amazed how quickly this has been finished,6 weeks.Everything went together perfectly

and everything I ordered turned up quickly.Needless to say ,I`m delighted with finished model,I don`t think the photos do it justice.

I did 60 mods to the 1941 kit to turn it into a 1938 version,but it was well worth the effort.Having said that,I won`t be building aother `OOD for a long time!

Hope you like it ,and hopefully you`ll see it in the flesh at Telford.

On a serious note,I built this as a small tribute to the 1415 men who died in the Hood,in May 1941.To me they were the BEST OF BRITISH!

PICT0002-2.jpg

PICT0005-2.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

PICT0007-2.jpg

I seem to recall somebody was doing a Belfast...? :hmmm::whistle:

peebeep

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring!

She's still jogging along. I've got about half the railings fitted and all that really remains are the two masts and assorted fittings. I'll post an update at the weekend to prove I haven't forgotten it ;)

Out of interest, I don't have to be an IPMS member to display a model, do I? I intend to become one, but I'm not sure if I've missed the cut-off for processing memberships before the show.

Steve.

PS Brews; sorry to disapoint; it's the Airfix 1:600.

Edited by Bennygman

• 1 month later...