Gallery

AnonymousA667

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"If it looks right, it flies right" I'd say the Hunter was the most fitting aircraft for those words, and definitely the Best of British :D

here's my effort at the Revell 1/72 kit.

DSCF5458.jpg

DSCF5459.jpg

DSCF5460.jpg

DSCF5461.jpg

DSCF5462.jpg

DSCF5463.jpg

DSCF5465.jpg

DSCF5467.jpg

DSCF5468.jpg

Cheers

Shaun :)

• 3 weeks later...

Special Hobby 1/48th Gloster/Whittle E.28/39, covered in kitchen foil.

pic_7.jpg

pic_8.jpg

pic_9.jpg

pic_10.jpg

pic_11.jpg

pic_12.jpg

I broke a light while doing the photo shoot, so lighting wasn't great. Hence the 'period' look.

Hope you like it.

cheers

Grant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's my Meteor PR10. 1/72nd scale Converted from MPM's FR9 using the outer wing panels from the Matchbox NF11/12/14 and the tail unit from a PJ Models resin F4. Decals from Freightdog - and highly recommended (by me!!!) they are too!!!!!!

(I know that I've cocked up the paint work on the insides of the intakes!!!!)

100_8257.jpg

100_8258.jpg

...and now the D16/U16. Once more the MPM/Xtrakit/Airfix kit. Wide breathers, new nose from miliput and wing tips from plastic rod.

I'm really not happy with the paint job! The Red (Citadel's "blood red") looks really good in the bottle, and sprays well, but seems to take ages to cure! I tried to clean the model after a day or so and the red ran, so the yellow had red/orange streaks in it - which I have managed to (mostly) clear up!! The red is quite blotchy still!! I've also buggered up the inside of the intakes. In all honesty I don't think I'd have wheeled these two out in this condition - BUT I promised that I'd finish them for Telford...so there you are!! I'll do better - NEXT time!!!

100_8248.jpg

100_8251.jpg