Churchill AVRE

AndyL

Well, I'm going to be grafting the Resicraft conversion onto a Tamiya chassis to make a representation of the attached vehicle used in Normandy. It was deployed during Operation Totalize, and used in the Battle of Grimbosq against strongpoints on the eastern banks of the River Orne.

Grimbosq034.jpg

Grimbosq035.jpg

In all, I'm looking forward to building this!

Edited by AndyL

Cheers mate - yeah I have to admit this is one I am really looking forward to starting.

Questions: the turret codes of 3 C I would assume would be red on white, with the other hull numbering in yellow? I need to have a rummage and see what Archer produce in the way of dry transfers.

Cheers

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

After a great trade with Yeehah1 aka Liam, I've managed to get my hands on the donor kit for my AVRE conversion. The first part will be building the suspension, then paring away the distictive track guards as per the real thing. The hull is a nice fit - just clips in. More as it comes.

Home066.jpg

Home067.jpg

Daz,

I have no idea as I have yet to order it. I just need to make sure I don't cock it it up when it comes to the removal of the track guards from the hull. Time will tell, eh? ;)