Stout Stang

Eddie M.

I thought my first WIP would be something that is total off the cuff. The Mustang is a very sleek aircraft to me, but I wanted to beef it up a bit, to more of a fighter/bomber role.

Here's how it started.

Eddie

B-25 tail section cobbled together from my last bash

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/scu...et/May08276.jpg

the wreck

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/scu...et/May08280.jpg

taking shape

May08287.jpg

F-14 spine as an air scoop

May08290.jpg

scratch pipes

May08292.jpg

prop mod

May08294.jpg

Eddie,

Well this is an interesting combination, P51, B25 AND an F14 :worthy: Im looking forwards to this one :popcorn: & :beer: at the ready :thumbsup2:

Bexy

Eddie,

Well this is an interesting combination, P51, B25 AND an F14 :worthy: Im looking forwards to this one :popcorn: & :beer: at the ready :thumbsup2:

Bexy

I forgot to add the vertical stab is from an old Russian made 707 and the elevators are from a P-39 :whistle:

Eddie

Great work as always Eddie! I just don't seem to have the guts, or the eye, to chop up models at the moment. I've bought some kits specifically to have a go at the chopping & changing art but haven't got the heart cut up a nice new kit! Did you make the exhaust stack from old bits of sprue? They look brilliant by the way!

Paul Harrison

P.S. I saw your daughters Corsair on What If and it looks amazing. Mine ended up in the spares box! Forty three years old and I get beaten by an eight year old! I think I'll go and sulk in a corner now. :winkgrin:

Great work as always Eddie! I just don't seem to have the guts, or the eye, to chop up models at the moment. I've bought some kits specifically to have a go at the chopping & changing art but haven't got the heart cut up a nice new kit! Did you make the exhaust stack from old bits of sprue? They look brilliant by the way!

Paul Harrison

P.S. I saw your daughters Corsair on What If and it looks amazing. Mine ended up in the spares box! Forty three years old and I get beaten by an eight year old! I think I'll go and sulk in a corner now. :winkgrin:

Thanks Paul! My advice is to cut first, ask questions later.;) Yes, the exhaust is bent and drilled sprue. Elena got a big smile from your comment about her Corsair. Right now we're working on a P-40, although slowly right now.

Here's the new progress on the project at hand.:)

Eddie

May08303.jpg

May08304.jpg

May08307.jpg

Here's a better idea of where I'm going with this one.

May08313.jpg