Rotodyne

Hi, guys and gals. I have been looking at Britmodeller for a while now and have decided to try my hand at posting an image or three. As I have just completed my scratchbuilt Fairey Rotodyne, I thought that was a good start - hope you like it.

Rotobuild28.jpg

Rotobuild27.jpg

Also, I have a request, does anyone have an I. D. Canberra they are willing to sell me?

Glenn

• Like 25

Wow, that's a cracking model of a great-looking aircraft. Welcome to BM, I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do.

So, what other models are you going to post for us to drool over?

Do you have any WIP photos Glenn?

I'd love to see how you did it :analintruder:

I have sent all my WIP photos to Panther Productions for him to post on his website. If he dosen't I'll post them here at a later date.

Glenn

Wow, that's a cracking model of a great-looking aircraft. Welcome to BM, I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do.

So, what other models are you going to post for us to drool over?

Some of my models will be in a forthcoming MAM, so I'll wait to see what is published and then post some extra ones here if you like?

My next model is the Combat Models 1/32 vacform Wellington - watch this space!!

Glenn

I'll be watching that one, I have one of them to do!

:thumbsup2:

Be careful when you assemble the wings on the Wellington, all the panel lines etc. are upside-down eg. the top of the wing has all the panel lines for the underside - as I discovered just before joining the wing halves together.

Glenn

Thanks for the warning Glenn, I'll (try to) remember that!

Did you scratchbuild the inetrior or buy a detail set?

Good to see another 'vac man' on here :thumbsup:

I usually have to scratchbuild the interior as there are no aftermarket items for the models I build. Roberts Model in the USA can supply you with some items, but most have to be modified in some way.

Glenn

You little rascal Glenn, you knew it was gong to be an awesomely brilliant first post didn't you!

Great work, would like to see more please!

Al

I usually have to scratchbuild the interior as there are no aftermarket items for the models I build. Roberts Model in the USA can supply you with some items, but most have to be modified in some way.

Glenn

I've always scratchbuilt my interiors too. I've never seen any of Geoff Roberts detail sets so not sure what they comprise of or what the quality is like.