Does anyone live near RAF Waddington?

bexwh773

Are there any of you fine wonderful BM members that live within a sensible distance from RAF Waddington? That would be willing to nip across and take some photos of XM607 for please? Pretty Please with a nice big Vulcan on top? Photos would be for my own personal use to paint my Dads Vulcan, however I would like to use one image in the Ready for Inspection thread once Dads bird is finished, ofcourse, all credits etc would be given.

Admins / Mods, :sorry: if this is in the wrong place, wasnt sure where to put it :worthy:

TIA

Bexy

Yeah i could take a few shots for ya Bex! It'll only be from the starboard side as thats the only side i can get at without 10 german shepards dragging me to the ground!

But not promising any decent pictures as my camera aint the best, but i'll try!

I'll take some Friday morning if thats cool?

Edited by Tedfellows

I'll take some Friday morning if thats cool?

ANy is better than none, and thank you very Ted :thumbsup2:

Bexy

Are these ok for you? They were taken last December the day the AN-124 came in to pick up a Nimrod fuselage for transport to Woodford.

DSCF1077.jpg

DSCF1076.jpg

DSCF1141.jpg

DSCF1075.jpg

Excellent, thanks Falcon. The more the merrier as the airfix idiot guide, the painting part is total pants.

Bexy

Thanks Damien, I thought Id got all of Airliners 607 pics, missed that one :doh:

Bex

Every little helps, thanks everyone, atleast Ive got some idea of what she should look like comparing modern day photos with those of around 1982 :worthy:

Bexy

when would you like them? Give me a week and I'll get over and get some close up images

Mat, knowing that your gonna pop into Waddo, I can wait a week :thumbsup2: Im not rushing this build for Dad, he might be an Ex Ground Pounder, but if I screw up he'll spot it :yikes:

Bexy

Didn't know there was any Waddo folks on here, I visited the base on Thursday (Station Int Cell and 23sqn SquintO :)) as part of my OASC prep - still waiting for a date mind...

Didn't know until I saw the thread here that it was 607 at Waddington either (have the book but I haven't read it yet).

Edited by WolvoWill