F7 Såtenäs airshow 56k beware!

Robban

The F7 wing in Såtenäs held a small airshow yesterday. The weather was very cold with wind and rain aiding making this one of the worst airshows I've ever visited. I didn't bring proper clothing so I should probably blame myself instead of the weather. :banghead:

The cloud base hung low over the airfield, so all the arial work by the participating aircraft(Sk16, HKP10, J29, Vampire, Hunter and Gripen) was constrained to horizontal maneuvers. The low alt program flown by Henric Holm with his Gripen is really awesome, so no complaints here. :worthy:

Anyways here are some pics of the static section.

Hope you all will like them!

Appologies to 56k'ers.

Bild2222-1.jpg

Bild2259-1.jpg

Bild2265-1.jpg

The newly refurbished A32 Lansen, soon to be airborn!

Bild2274-1.jpg

Bild2282-1.jpg

Bild2318-1.jpg

sk37-1.jpg

Bild2341-1.jpg

Some interesting markings on the ejection seats of this JAS39B. The markings portray a phoenix bird with the left wing on fire. The same marking is found on top of the tail fin. Also note that this aircraft has the fat ECM fairing on the fin, same as that found on C/D Gripens. Strange.

Bild2333-1.jpg

Bild2353-1.jpg

Bild2368-1.jpg

Bild2362-1.jpg

a32.jpg

Bild2370-2.jpg

Bild2389-1.jpg

j29.jpg

j32.jpg

A rather unusual(but wonderful) sight! Great sound!

sk35.jpg

sk37-2.jpg

39a-1.jpg

Edited by Robban

Despite the weather some excellent shots...thanks Robban :thumbsup2:

Now all we need is Hasegawa to do a 1:48 Lansen to go with the Drakens and I can die a happy man...:D

Nice shots :thumbsup2:. Saab really have produced some quality aircraft over the years, I'd love the chance one day to see them all in the air.

Man does the Gripen just grow on me more and more every time I see it! Robban I am gathering the Phoenix symbols are on that jet because it is probably Saabs demonstrator jet?? Maybe they want to fancy it up a bit.

Wonderful shots regardless...my right click button went mad!!

Cheers

Mike

PS would you mind if I posted one of your Gripen pics on my website at Two Mikes Resin??

Cheers

Mike

Thanks all for your kind comments! :D

Man does the Gripen just grow on me more and more every time I see it! Robban I am gathering the Phoenix symbols are on that jet because it is probably Saabs demonstrator jet?? Maybe they want to fancy it up a bit.

Wonderful shots regardless...my right click button went mad!!

Cheers

Mike

PS would you mind if I posted one of your Gripen pics on my website at Two Mikes Resin??

Cheers

Mike

I just found out that the badge belongs to the 3rd aircraft maintenance group(3:e FU kompaniet). Looks like someone got wild with the stickers. :lol: I also just realised that this jet 39811, visited South Africa a few years back. It already had the fat ECM fairing back then. http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/images...h_Africa_lg.jpg

And please, feel free to use any of my pics. :)

Here's some more.

gripenloadout-1.jpg

sk37-3.jpg

a32-1.jpg

35c.jpg

gripenrow.jpg

39-a.jpg

Notice the light grey access hatch below the lantirn. It's a new hatch with springloaded buttons. The buttons close automatically once you pull your fingers out. Apparently the old hatch sometimes fell off in flight if it wasn't closed correctly.

39b-3.jpg

row.jpg

And a large pic! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/robban75/39b-5.jpg