Glencoe Viscount -800 Conversion (1/96)

Been working on this one on and off for a couple of years (or so it seems :))

I am using a Sasquatch resin fuselage conversion available from CBS Models in the USA. Up to the paint and decal stage at the moment.

I started with the conversion. The hollow halves needed sanding to get a good join, The kit wings were added and the kits one piece tail plane had to be cut in half and glued into the slots below the tail.

Viscount.jpg

The -800 has a bulged engine nacelle, the kit parts had to be built up with strip and putty, at this stage I had started priming

viscounttop.jpg

After a lot of sanding I eventually destroyed all the raised detail on the model, this was covered up with a few primer coats and a final coat of spray pack auto lacquer. RAAF Viscounts had slipper tanks fitted, I used a set of 1/72 Mosquito aftermarket long range tanks which were reshaped. I don't think the shape is 100% but close enough for govt work.

ViscountPrimed1.jpg

Yesterday I dragged the model out again and commenced final paint and decaling, Still a few days work to go including adding some antennae and anti col beacons. I sprayed some blue onto the decals to cover up a badge that was there for a different scheme. I used what I thought was the right shade, obviously it was not. I ventured to the LHS at lunch time and got something that should match a little better.

ViscountFL.jpg

It will be finished as one of two Viscount -800s operated by the RAAF up until the late 60s. Hopefully it will be done by the weekend. Tonight I will be scratch building a few antennae and the anti cols.

Bottom-Partpaint.jpg

Edited by TrojanThunder