The Tin Triangle "Tamed"

Fellow Britmodellers, This is my current project along with the Airfix 48th scale Jaguar which I will post in progress's of later this week. It started life from an original version of the Airfix Vulcan. I was sitting there looking how best to approach this model then I said to myself, "JUST DO IT"! I started rescribing all the lines and before you knew it, over a period of 4 evenings, the basic rescribe was done. These are the earliest pics. Look close, you can see the scribing. It was done with a straight edge and a few new #11 Blades and some older Trimaster scribing templates I bought in the early 90's. Since these pics, the model is assembled and is in the process 0f cleaning it up in preparation for paint. I redid the interior somewhat. I added consoles,a throttle quadrant, Aeroclub ejection seats and a PE dashboard. I kinda don't know why i bothered because when you put the canopy on you cant see squat!!! I lightened the interior up for the flashlight guys so they can see something! LOL! I am also using the Flightpath Vulcan update set from David J Parkins which makes this kit even look better!!!! The decals are the new ones from Frieghtdog. I will be doing the paint in 2 tone upper with light aircraft grey lowers. I also grafted on the flightpath series 200 burner cans for the version I will be doing. More to come this week. I must also say of this Vulcan I have not encountered any build problems like the "Horror" stories I read about, and it is a;most gap free with very little filler needed anywhere!!! I will continue this week or later this evening with in progress shots for you all to see!!! Big Bill from NJIPMS

IMG_0224-1.jpg

IMG_0223-1.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0227-1.jpg

IMG_0228-1.jpg

IMG_0229-1.jpg

IMG_0230-1.jpg

IMG_0231-1.jpg

Edited by Mike
[img] tags again.

I think you might have got the scribing about right - as i said on one of the posts somewhere else on this site the panel lines are almost indistinct - particularly on the upper surfaces. So - coming along rather well - the finished article is bound to be rather dishy!

Yep... looking good. I have the same concoction in my stash too, so will be watching with interest - especially the scratchbuilt detail inside :)