Hunter

This is the new(ish) Revell 1:72 Hunter FGA.9 I'm making for MAI magazine right outta the box. I only received this last wednesday may 7th, so its been a quick one!

Not a lot to report on it thus far, I just felt compelled to show the best painting and masking I think I've acheived so far in 1:72. Seems I have excelled myself this time...I'm really pleased with it. :closedeyes:

Klear is on now and ready for decals. In the background on my bench are the undercarriage parts and tailplanes I left off to make masking an easier task.

FYI, I painted a patchy preshade with Night Black and then painted the Red parts, masked them off and painted the Light Aircraft Grey undersides before more masking and then freehanding the top camouflage of RAF Dark Sea Grey and RAF Dark Green. All colours are from Gunze-Sangyo acrylic range. Markings will be for the machine on the boxart of 1 TWU Brawdy,UK, 1979.

Hope you like it as much as I do!

WIP-4.jpg

Very nice looking Hunter so far Mike. That camo is fantastic for freehand, especially in 1/72... I'm impressed! Should look an absolute beauty once it's finished!

It's VERY shiny in that photo... what's on there and how was it applied?

Karl.

It's VERY shiny in that photo... what's on there and how was it applied?

Karl.

Karl, Its good old Johnsons Klear, applied with a wide flat brush . Its still wet on the wings so its really shiny there. :evil_laugh:

Karl, Its good old Johnsons Klear, applied with a wide flat brush . Its still wet on the wings so its really shiny there. :evil_laugh:

I just looks fantastically shiny on the wing... now I know why if it was still wet :lol:

I must get hold of a couple of these kits, I've got 3 F.6's but never built one yet... and they look sooo nice!

Karl.

Cheers people.

Anthony - I cleaned it up for the photo :P

Decals on and undercarriage and tanks, I washed the panel lines with dark grey enamel for some interest too.She just needs the e/j seat, canopy and a mattcote with a slither of alu round the tailpipe and she is all done. Might make the antennae missing in the kit from fine wire too. Of course the wingtip nav lights need adding too.

WIP003-6.jpg

That is the SHINIEST Hunter I've seen in a long time... good to see you removed that brush from up its bottom... didn't look in scale to me :hmmm:

What a skilled job, looks almost effortless but you have some real class Mike!

Thanks! ^_^ and other Mike's Hunter is nice too! :wicked:

Surely the word "class" was the giveaway in your case......

...somehow, I can feel a bout of unexplained signature & profile changes heading your way :wicked:

Nice work mate. love those new Hunters from Revell. did an F6 out of the box a short while ago and it pretty much fell together the fit was that good!