90 Years of the RAF GB Completion.

Please vote for your favourite entry  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Select one of the following builds as your winner...

• Dswfoofie's Lightning
    • Rabspat's Spitfire
    • Peter Marshall's Mustang
    • Stebos's Hunter
    • Theplasticsurgeon's Phantom
    • Maxidad's Beaufighter
    • Fmk.6john's Gloster E23/39
    • Roland Pulfrew's Meteor
    • Desmojen's Gladiator
    • Desmojen's Bulldog
    • Dylan the Rabiit's Lysander
    • AndyL's Bulldog

The time to vote has arrived... voting will be open for 7 days and will close at 20:00hrs on the 23rd May.

Please take a good look through the wonderful entries here in this thread - "Finished Builds" - before you cast your vote.

Here also is a quick reminder of the builds...

Dswoofie's Lightning F.1

886ee44e.jpg

Rabspat's Spitfire

HPIM0271.jpg

Peter Marshall's Mustang

IMG_0015.jpg

Stebos's Hunter

hunter4.jpg

Theplasticsurgeon's Phantom

Fujimi_F4_Phantom.jpg

Maxidad's Beaufighter

Minoltainfo0021.jpg

Fmk.6john's Gloster E23/39

dsc000602my4.jpg

Roland Pulfrew's Meteor

MeteorPort2.jpg

Desmojen's Gladiator

317244912.jpg

Desmojen's Bulldog

317244909.jpg

Dylan the Rabbit's Lysander

_D9O6130.jpg

AndyL's Bulldog

8879d858.jpg

Thanks to all those who took part in the Group Build, and please make sure you cast your vote!

Karl & Jen.

Edited by desmojen

Hi all,

First of all let me say that ALL builds are great.Well done boys,oh and girll.

It was very difficult to give a vote.But in the end it's the small things that made me decide to give my vote to the Beaufighter.

But the way the Beau is painted in different shades of black did it for me.

BTW, I hope to see you all in the Battle of Britain groupbuild.

Edited by Erwin

God, that was a difficult choice! I could have quite happily voted four or five times, but then I'd have got confused.

They are all cracking good builds, and it's hard to separate them. In the end, I voted for the Meteor, out of a personal liking for the aircraft, but, Jens biplanes deserve a 'Highly Commended' at the very least, along with Karl's Lightning displayed in such a fine way.

Well done and congrats to you all, and thanks for taking the time to share them with us.

Ian

Hi all,

It was very difficult to give a vote.But in the end it's the small things that made me decide to give my vote to the Beaufighter.

But the way the Beau is painted in different shades of black did it for me.

BTW, I hope to see you all in the Battle of Britain groupbuild.

Thanks Erwin, I am gratified that my efforts were noticed. This is my first GB on Britmodeller, so am I chuffed to have had a few votes!

Maxidad

In the end, I voted for the Meteor, out of a personal liking for the aircraft

Thanks muddyboots

Like Maxidad I am on

my first GB on Britmodeller

so I too am

chuffed to have had a few votes

I voted for the Beau as well! A. For being one of my all time favourite aircraft, and B. For

the way the Beau is painted in different shades of black

Well done everyone.

Well, actually Deezer hasn't won as such because we weren't counting ourselves as prizewinners you see. I think it would be nice to see a couple more votes though because we have a hung 1st and a hung 2nd otherwise :D

Jen.

Well, actually Deezer hasn't won as such because we weren't counting ourselves as prizewinners you see. I think it would be nice to see a couple more votes though because we have a hung 1st and a hung 2nd otherwise :D

Jen.

So why put yourselves into the poll?

:confused:

So why put yourselves into the poll?

:confused:

I agree. Why put models in the poll if they can't win a price ?

BTW,didn't we discuss this matter some time ago when I wanted to know if it's OK for GB hosts to win a price too ?

Most members found it OK.

So what's going to happen now ? Does this make the Beaufighter the winner or the Meteor with 8 votes ?

Edited by Erwin

Of course it's fine for us to win prizes, but we chose not to, it's our GB and that was our decision. I suppose we could have excluded ourselves from the vote but then it would be almost pointless doing a build....

Jen.

Yep, we chose early on not to recieve prizes as Mods, but we were still entering the GB so therefore still in the vote (as per previous BM GB's). I still technically win the GB, but don't take a prize for it. it passes on to the next position... that's all!

Karl.

Right, I've closed the poll and taken note of the votes. I will confer with Deezer tomorrow as we have a draw for both first and second places. One of us will put up the winners and prizes awarded at some point over the weekend.

Thanks again to everyone who has taken part and also to those who have donated prizes. 12 finished models in a 6 week GB is pretty good going too. A good job all round I think :thumbsup:

Jen.

Edited by desmojen