Jump to content

Matchbox Humber Mk II


Brews
 Share

Recommended Posts

I made a start on this yesterday, while I was painting the wheels for the Saladin, I thought I might as well paint the wheels on this as well, and it progressed from there.

I briefly toyed with the idea of using my Aber workable hinges to attach the turret commander's hatch, but I gave up. KISS.

P5150005.jpg

P5150007.jpg

P5150008.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Progress pic:

P5180012.jpg

I tweezerpulted part No 45, which is the nearside front shock absorber, I think. I'm scratching a replacement consisting of a 2mmlong trapezium in 15 thou card, and a couple of rod sections, to be mounted concentrically.

Somepastels applied for weathering, no washes yet, and some details to be painted. Undecided about the amount of stowage to add, because some of it will hide quite-nicely-moulded-on details.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pardon the colour balance - blame it on the CFL!

Better pics soon, I promise.

These ones show the oil wash in progress (not dried yet!). I'm pleased that the camera shows that my scratch-building effort in replacing Part 45 was satisfactory.

P5250001.jpg

P5250002.jpg

P5250003.jpg

I don't know how well you'll be able to pick it up, but I punched a small circle of clear acetate and covered the searchlight with it.

Edited by Brews
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd better put decals on before I do any more weathering! I meant to do that after I'd Kleared!

Edit: Pics as promised. What a difference some daylight makes.

P5260005.jpg

P5260008.jpg

P5260009.jpg

P5260010.jpg

Edited by Brews
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...