SRN4 Hovercraft

seanrgb

Well wish me luck .... I'm going in the GB with the Airfix Mountbatten class SRN4 Hovercraft

Heres a box picture just for starters as I'm waiting on the royal mail ...

I'll be doing mine in the Red and White Hoverlloyd version that used to operate out of Ramsgate Hoverport

AA09171.jpg

hahahaha you gits :analintruder:

Well it arrived today ..and this is as bad as I remembered it ..they had this brilliant Idea that you want to see inside it

So you paint half the kit ..the other side is see through ...well not on my build ..for the life of me I never saw one like that going out of Ramsgate

Or come to think of it never went on one like that

As for the skirt ..well I have something planned for that ..Mc Hammer gets that bit

I'll scratch build my own ..I'll have it resting with the doors open ..looks like I'm in for a lot of fun with this

I'll be watching this'un with interest, Sean, cos I've got 2 of the s0ds to build. I do intend to do one as part see-through, to go with the cutaway 747 and forthcoming cutaway A380. Reminds me of travel agents' windows in the 1970s...

• 1 month later...

Just read your recent posts regarding this kit. I built it last year & yes it does have a lot of 'fit' problems but can build into a decent model. Mine is depicted as Swift, in the Hoverlloyd livery. I think if you get an older earlier model, the fit might be better. The decals are not right either but thats another issue! I took some production shots as it went along & added a few extra details just to make it look more right. If anybody wants to see them or the finshed article just let me know. Il probably post a picture anyway in the hope it may inspire you when the going gets tough.

GOOD LUCK. MacGREGOR

Just read your recent posts regarding this kit. I built it last year & yes it does have a lot of 'fit' problems but can build into a decent model. Mine is depicted as Swift, in the Hoverlloyd livery. I think if you get an older earlier model, the fit might be better. The decals are not right either but thats another issue! I took some production shots as it went along & added a few extra details just to make it look more right. If anybody wants to see them or the finshed article just let me know. Il probably post a picture anyway in the hope it may inspire you when the going gets tough.

GOOD LUCK. MacGREGOR

it would be great to see your pics

• 4 weeks later...

Thats a shame but I see your point, it is a bit of a git & is one of those kits you can wish you'd never started. Ive got this strange masocistic streak though, cause Im going to (PMA), build a "super 4" using two kits to make the stretch version.......its not quite that simple but thats the starting point. Only thing thats holding me back is I need some custom decals printing but Im not quite sure where to start. If any one can help, its only lettering/codes etc, nothing flashy.

macgregor