Airfix E-Type Jaguar

dylan the rabbit

Well, here's a shot of the box to get on with.

I've not got a sprue shot yet, as my desk doesn't need any more plastic on it until I finish off some of these builds, so for now, 'ere's what I'm building.

454f_1.JPG

Toodleooh,

Nick

Edited by dylan the rabbit

it's certainly a classic British icon :)

I'd be interested to see the "super glossy" paintwork technique that car & bike builders use. Just for future reference, you understand ;)

I'd be interested to see the "super glossy" paintwork technique that car & bike builders use. Just for future reference, you understand ;)

Well, I got this finish for my 'sort of finished' Comet, by spraying 6 light coats of Tamiya red, and then brush painting on a few coats of Klear.

_D9O8330.jpg

I think it may work for the Shaguar..

Cheers,

Nick

I think some one in the "Motorsport GB" actually used car wax Mike.

Blimey I remember building that in the 60's (I was very, very young!). On the M11 this morning I passed a removal truck which was towing a trailer carrying one of these in a truely awful condition - still probably worth more than my MGB GT though!

Absolutely. Also green is pants as a phallic extension. Long red bonnet, doesn't take much imagination does it?

peebeep

But we all know the E-Type is a knob extension, so they have to be flaming red!

Looknig forward to seeing your Aston Daz. I've got one in the stash, so will watch your with interest.

Cheers mate,

Nick