List of entrants

Maybe I should mail one over!! Any suggestions??

Mike, the idea is that if you're overseas and can't arrange to get your model to Telford, then we will feature it in a 'photo from overseas' category. I'm going to have a run through the lists to check who is doing what and start chasing up. A Nimrod or Canberra would be spiffing.

:thumbsup2:

peebeep

Oh, and I have a number of neat photos to submit to you, PB - including Supermarine Swift in World Air Speed Record colours, Hunter first prototype, and some other neat ones.

Put 'em up in the gallery and them give me a reminder to download and print prior to the show.

peebeep

LOL!

Funny how things stick in the mind....happy days eh Mike? :deadhorse::cheers:

Between that Bucc and my FG.1 Phantom that I dropped I will never live them down will I?? They have to be the most famous models for no real reason in my lifetime!!

I will finish that Bucc someday.............................................someday :beer:

Between that Bucc and my FG.1 Phantom that I dropped I will never live them down will I?? They have to be the most famous models for no real reason in my lifetime!!

I will finish that Bucc someday.............................................someday :beer:

I didn't want to be cruel and mention the FG.1...it hurts me to remember!

Don't let me pressurise you but I would really, really like to see a big Harrier on the table.

I'll do my best not to disappoint :)

Edited by Seamus

Peeps, I have been checking through the galleries and there is precious little progress showing. A lot of this is down to me because I haven't been chasing you lot hard enough :whip: Also to my shame I confess that I have done naff all myself :blush:

Kudos to those who have made progress and actually finished something, these being:

Tim B - Spitfire

theplasticsurgeon - Meteor F3 and F8, Gloster Pioneer, Lightning T4, S6B

Seamus - Hunter F6, Mosquito VI, Harrier GR3

Neil - Mosquito PR34

Brews - Humber Mk II, Saladin

Phil Reeder - HMS Hood

Grant - Gloster E28/39

Bennygman - HMS Belfast

Chadders - Spitfire I

Richard M - Gloster Gladiator

peebeep - Centurion, Meteor F8

Notdoneyet - DH Hornet

Grant - DH Comet,

timmah - Meteor F1

Nev - Saxon warrior king

desmojen - Short C Class flying boat

Mikeew - Vulcan

Bill Clark - Meteors

chadders - Spitfire

If anybody has a completed model but not yet posted in their respective threads or gallery get it sorted please!

So, the (long) list of pledges is as follows (threads may have been started/models commenced, but I want to find out where we are at):

beany - Thunderbirds are Go!

phreak - Meteor or Mosquito, 1/6 scale chicken tikka masala

peebeep - Mosquito PR XVI

Greg B - Spitfire.

Mike - Hunter

Heraldcoupe - Wellington

Oldynewby - Mini Cooper

russ - Lotus 25

Heraldcoupe - Hurricane

Tim Raven - Hurricane, Spitfire (I haven't checked the other GB yet)

I'm conscious that some members in the list have not posted recently, but what I do need to know for sure is whether you intend to complete a build for SMW 2008. If you definitely can't, please advise me either here or by PM and I will remove your entry. Otherwise I will be chasing everybody up, either by bumping threads or by PM. If there are any errors in the above list, then point them out.

Sorry folks, but it's :whip: and :fight: time, we have as of this moment six weeks to get our collective act together in order to avoid looking at 12'-0"x4'-0" of empty space at Telford. Get cracking!!!

List update 12.11.08

peebeep

Nev, Andy L, the list is updated and thanks for the heads up.

Peeps if you are still planning to build but have no threads started can you please get them up and running so I can see what's going on. At the moment the list looks rather thin! Similarly, if you are making progress but haven't posted recently lets have a look at what's happening.

peebeep

• 3 weeks later...

Just to clarify one point, the end date for the GB is indicated as 1st November, but we will be extending this through up to the 14th in order for you to complete builds for Telford, so get working on them and lets have plenty of stuff to put on the tables.

peebeep

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody, we really do need to firm up on what is going to be available for the coming weekend and I have updated my list a few posts above to reflect the current state of play. If you are intending to bring a completed build with you to Telford and are not on the current list of completions, please let me know here ASAP. That includes a note to myself (must finish Mosquito). I know that there a number that are close to completion and should be available, but confirmation that this is the case would be oh so nice.

peebeep

Hi everybody, we really do need to firm up on what is going to be available for the coming weekend and I have updated my list a few posts above to reflect the current state of play. If you are intending to bring a completed build with you to Telford and are not on the current list of completions, please let me know here ASAP. That includes a note to myself (must finish Mosquito). I know that there a number that are close to completion and should be available, but confirmation that this is the case would be oh so nice.

peebeep

Hi Peebeep.I had confirmation last night that I will be able to attend SMW,on Sat.To whom do we report(hair combed-boots blacked etc),when we get there?

I expect to arrive at 9.00,looking forward to meeting you all.

Cheerio Phil

DH88 has just had it's first coat of Klear. 2 more tonight, decals tomorrow, pack up on Thursday, drive up on Friday.

What could possibly go wrong with that plan !?!

I'll pack up my Williams and a 1/144 Nimrod (over a seascape) aswell, just in case you need any holes filling.

Hi

I fully intend to finish the Meteor for the show, my only problem is getting it there as I have other commitments on Friday/Saturday.

Is anyone going that is near Chesterfield/Sheffield/Derby that I could drop it off with?

Ta

Tim.

Never mind Matt, I know you've got lots of other stuff to contend with(!)

Well done Grant.

Timmah, hopefully somebody can help out. Can you keep me posted as to how this turns out? Are you coming on Sunday? If so bring it with you then, quite a number of the models are only with us for one day.

peebeep