beany - Thunderbirds are Go!

theplasticsurgeon - can't make his mind up

Seamus - Harrier GR1/3, Hunter

Neil - Mosquito

phreak - Meteor or Mosquito, 1/6 scale chicken tikka masala

Windy - Canberra B2, SHARS, Buccaneer

cmatthewbacon - showjumper

peebeep - Mosquito PR XVI, Centurion Mk8

Greg B - So pretty in pink (isn't he just!) Spitfire. We're not sure if this is a motor or a PRU Supermarine Spitfire

Nev - Saxon warrior king

Grant - Gloster E28/39

Brews - Humber Mk II and Saladin Mk 2 armoured cars

Bennygman - HMS Belfast

Mike ( :worthy: ) - Hunter

Heraldcoupe - Wellington (aeroplane not boot, though the latter could lay claim to being the greatest advance in footwear in the history of mankind)

Mikeew - Vulcan (result, I thought I was going to have to do this myself!)

Oldynewby - Mini Cooper

sandy - Nimrod AEW (wow!)

russ - Lotus 25

timmah - Meteor F1 or EE Lightning or both

Tim B - Spitfire 22/24

Notdoneyet - DH Hornet

keefr22 - Hurricane

Bill Clark - Meteors

chadders - Spitfire

Heraldcoupe - Hurricane

Phil Reeder - HMS Hood

I will add to this list as and when folks join in. If you want to make any additions or deletions then let me know.

One other point, if there is a subject that you would like to do but appears to have been 'bagged', go for it regardless. I don't see any harm if we get stuff duplicated.

List updated 13.07.08

peebeep

Another update. If you require us to make any deletions/additions please let us know.

Well done to those who have started build threads. I know November is some way off but it will be upon us sooner than we anticipate and the Display Team do not wish to be staring at empty tables come the day, oh no. :weep: So sooner or later we might start putting some stick about, oh yes. :whip: On the other hand we might use blatant bribery and offer to buy beer :drink: and pies or pizza :eat: if you turn up with a model. :hmmm: Yup, that should do the trick. :clap2:

peebeep

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ignore that last bit, I thought now is as good a time as any, so the list is updated to the best of my knowledge.

I am trying to get my bench cleared to try and get some builds going - only 3½ months to go!

peebeep

Best update it too add my E-Type.

I'll get a WIP thread up and running asap.

THC

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In case it has slipped anyone's notice, there is eight weeks to go until SMW 2008, yes a paltry two months until D-Day. If you've pledged a build and intend to go ahead with it extract digits now! :whip:

Come on folks let's see the build threads all up and running. :bounce:

If you've pledged a build and for some reason cannot start or continue :weep: please let us know so that the Display Team can make their dispositions accordingly. We have 3660mmx1220mm of space available to fill up - that's 12'-0"x4'-0" in old money - which is a lot and I would like the bulk of it filled with sparkling Best of British builds, not Sean's East End Barrow Boy tat! :door:

Even myself is going to try and get some stuff moving this weekend, no excuses now.

peebeep

I have one Meteor (FR9) nearing its visit into the paint shop (again), another (PR10) needing some panel line re-scribing completion - and I'll start the U16 this weekend. Only slight potential dampener on t he proceedings - I'm not 100% sure if work commitments will allow me to get up to Telford, but I'm sure I'll manage to get the models to someone - somehow!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the rug pulled from under me guys.

My U.S. owned company has decided to send an internal audit team to tear us apart between the 11th and 17th Nov'. I've been told that a stock take is occuring, and as it needs to happen during 'down time' it will be at the weekend.

The Belfast is looking good (to my eyes) and has about 5 hours work left, but it won't be getting to the show now.

Console yourself with this; auditors are bad enough, but apparently the internal form is the worst kind of zealot, and akin to the inquisition. Suffice to say I won't be enjoying myself that weekend.

Steve.

Steve, we can arrange to get your model to the show if you get it completed.

peebeep

OK, I don't see a problem with getting it done (unless I really **** up at the last), maybe I can drop it off with someone? Lets get it finished first, and take it from there.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here's the thing. I'm a bit worried about getting the Harrier finished in time; hit a bit of a wall with the undercarriage doors. As much as I'd like to get it to Telford, I don't want to rush the beast, so I was thinking of building something else as an insurance policy. Just looked through the stash for examples of Best of British and here's what I came up with:

Airfix Meteor F.8

Airfix Sea Fury

Airfix Fulmar

Trumpy Wyvern

Tamiya Mosquito FB. VI

Despite there being a few already on the list, I'm leaning towards the Mossie. There are loads of Meteors down, the Sea Fury and Fulmar kits are a bit simple (I'd be building OOB) and I planned to save the Wyvern for the upcoming naval GB.

That said, if there's something you (Peebeep) would rather see in the display than I'll give that a go instead ;)

Cheers

Shaun :)

Oh someones a smart bottom isnt he??!!! I do want to do a Cranberry though :)

The Best of British, just for you Mike! :winkgrin:

As far as you know, is that Canberra still at the CAF, Mike? If so, I'm thinking walkaround come November! :speak_cool:

Oh, and I have a number of neat photos to submit to you, PB - including Supermarine Swift in World Air Speed Record colours, Hunter first prototype, and some other neat ones.

Edited by Paul Bradley

The Best of British, just for you Mike! :winkgrin:

As far as you know, is that Canberra still at the CAF, Mike? If so, I'm thinking walkaround come November! :speak_cool:

Oh, and I have a number of neat photos to submit to you, PB - including Supermarine Swift in World Air Speed Record colours, Hunter first prototype, and some other neat ones.

Paul

I have a walkaround of the Cranberry out at the CAF. In fact its posted here in the walkaround section! They towed one over from across the fied to the CAF ramp and I shot it when we took my mom for her ride in Sentimental Journey in May.

:)

Paul

I have a walkaround of the Cranberry out at the CAF. In fact its posted here in the walkaround section! They towed one over from across the fied to the CAF ramp and I shot it when we took my mom for her ride in Sentimental Journey in May.

:)

So there's no excuse for you to not build the kit now, I suppose - I understand there are resin intake covers available from some company now....... :thumbsup:

Cheers, Mike!

:cool: Another Mossie it is then :lol:

I'll still be working on the Harrier, but its better to be safe than sorry :)