a visit to RAF hendon

Ian Lanc

hi gang,

i went to hendon london, with a friend a few months back and what a place that is the lancaster is the main attraction there and looks superb as do the other aircraft, the pictures aren't in any order but there are alot to be put on so be patient, i will do this over a few days,if any of you guys ever go to england try and visit this place it is FREE to go in !, so glad there was alot of seats to rest

i think there will be something about the pictures that appeals to everyone ! enjoy..........

pictures001wc4.jpg

pictures002dt8.jpg

pictures024vt2.jpg

pictures003pv5.jpg

pictures004af1.jpg

pictures005ad1.jpg

pictures006ov8.jpg

pictures007rs6.jpg

pictures008tk9.jpg

pictures009mi7.jpg

pictures010vg5.jpg

pictures011sl7.jpg

pictures012hq3.jpg

pictures014gn1.jpg

pictures015os7.jpg

pictures016ei2.jpg

pictures017mr2.jpg

pictures019gb5.jpg

pictures018bm6.jpg

pictures020pp9.jpg

pictures021es8.jpg

here's some more for ye, first rusty lot are of hadley page halifax recovered from a lake in Scandanavia, shame they never restored it :speak_cool: it was to be restored but they decided to leave it as it is a WRECK :thumbsdown: .........

pictures037oj7.jpg

pictures038ft0.jpg

pictures040cr0.jpg

bomb aimers position/front gun turret position.

pictures041pk1.jpg

pilots flight deck.

pictures042cm7.jpg

navigators position.

pictures043ao3.jpg

pictures044ly3.jpg

pictures046hn3.jpg

pictures050ck1.jpg

pictures045ly6.jpg

pictures051kt9.jpg

Nice one

I'm going to Hendon in a couple of weeks, these have just proverbially wet my whistle!

Seems to have changed considerably since my last visit when I was a nipper, looking forward to it

Blimey, when did the Sunderland sneak in?

that was a new one on me ! if anybody does go make a detour to the sunderland there is access to the inside :thumbsup: look at some of the pictures of the sunderland you'll see the steps :wicked:

ian.

• 4 weeks later...
What on earth is the huge biplane in the background of your tail on shot of a Camel? I no nothing of WWI solly!!

Camel? I think you mean Triplane! The big twin is a Vickers Vimy. We need to give you some ejukashun young man!

Is Hendon the official museum of the RAF??

Sure is, along with Cosford and the various other places where restorations are done.

peebeep

Camel? I think you mean Triplane! The big twin is a Vickers Vimy. We need to give you some ejukashun young man!

Sure is, along with Cosford and the various other places where restorations are done.

peebeep

Paul

So that is a Sopwith Triplane then?? I missed the third wing!! LOL

I am truly envious of all the great museums and flying fields over there!! Don't take em for granted folks!