My new project. Pretty big for me.

Rab my friend,

Thats a cracking recovery job there :thumbsup2: Arent you glad we talk you out of binning the Old Girl? Looking forwards to seeing this one finished matey :goodjob:

Bex

Thanks Bex I am kinda happy that i did'nt bin her. But i have promised my self now that I AM NOT gonna rush her anymore and take my sweet A@@ time, althrough she is nearly ready for paint.

Good save Rab!

A bit of time off works wonders for yer enthusiasm, eh?

Back to the build then! :popcorn:

Al

Time sure does work wonders, i was ready to throw it out but i left it, then i decided to take a second look at it and i figured out what i needed to do. Also on this build i am gonna be doing a first, i am actually gonna be using my Airbrush for the first time. Gonna be using Vallejo Model Air, this may sound wierd but i am kinda excited about using it.

• 1 month later...

ok been awhile, got side tracked big time on this one but while i wait for items to turn up for other projects i decided to get going on this again, just need to paint the exhaust the gloss coat her. She is so close to being completed, but i am not rushing her.

Here how she stands as of 5 mins ago after Gunship grey painted, with a hint of white to lighten it abit.

HPIM0411.jpg

HPIM0410.jpg

HPIM0409.jpg

HPIM0408.jpg

Missed this one....... Nice save with the engine it has turned out well. Too much kit to bin im afraid!

Its looking very nice!

One other thing...you appear to have my stash!! same kits and ironically DVD's

I have the academy version of this beast to do but in my case it wont have a spot of grey on it! and No its not going to be a thunderbird!

Thanks for the kind words, i went with grey as i like the SP jets they do have nice colourful markings sometimes. But after this and my 2 1/48 vipers i won't be doing any USAF stuff for awhile gonna do USN Hornets and Tomcats much more colourful as well as a load of Brit stuff (Tornado's, Harriers, Eurofighters & Jaguars), i am british after all only right.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i have done a bit more to her, done some painting of the pylons and fuel tanks and put them together, slowly started working on the Missiles. Now do you guys think i should do 2 Aim-120's and 2 Winders or 4 Aim-120's? I get some pics later, i am ill at the moment food poisoning so i am kinda stuck in doors at the mo.

Thanks for all the comments. This is where i stand at the moment the AIM-120's are complete apart from decals as are the HTS pod and fuel tanks. Igave the exhaust area a kick coat of silver paint. The rear end ain't perfect by any standards but i am working with it, but it's fixed that end thats all that matters. anyway the pics..

AIM-120's there is 4 at this stage..

DSC00309.jpg

HTS Pod

DSC00312.jpg

Center line fuel tank.

DSC00314.jpg

Wing tanks.

DSC00315.jpg

rear end and CP area..

DSC00316.jpg

DSC00311.jpg

:hmmm:

Tell me about it Mish i have been like that about this kit for a while now but i am pushing on, i am thinking it's time for glosss coat and decals now, i just be happy when this nightmare is over with tbh, oh and it's also my last BIG build ever (1/32 that is).

Well a little disaster today, i was doing the belts for the seats and tamiys has you using PE buckles and take for the straps well, it's a pain in A*** after hours of work i still was nowhere near getting anything that looked like a belt, and ruined all the PE and super glue everywhere. So i thought i try and see if anyone had a resin seat laying around they no longer wanted with no joy. So i sat here thinking to my self, why use a resin seat when you can sand off the Super Glue and use the pilot figure? Well not a smart move tbh as i have NEVER done any type of figure. Any way i decided to paint the arms and body black to start with, so that when i paint the flight suit colour the black will bring out the fabric creases. I think it worked, now i could'nt find any pics of USAF pilots in full flight suit so it is probably inaccruate but i am happy with thats all that matter. The helmet i did Humbrol 140 as i was told on ARC that all Modern helmets are not white like Tamiya tells you to paint it.

The pics don't do it justice as you will see and it looks so much better in person.

DSC00317.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00325.jpg

The crew looks okay, I'm not a fan of PE, too fiddly.

Tell me about it, So anyway pilot made and stuck on the seat, the way i am gonna model it is either, starting up or shutting down i let peoples imagination decide for them selfs, for me it's starting up before a mission.

I get some pics later on.

• 3 weeks later...