International Air Power Review????

Matt Roberts

I spotted over on ARC yesterday a post concerning the current issue of IAPR #21 and someone had chimed in that they had heard (for all that that means) that Issue 21 was to be the last issue and the title would cease publishing with the curent issue.

Anybody around here know one way or another what is going on with IAPR, I still have 4 or 5 issues left on my subscription!

Thanks

Matt

• 4 months later...

It does sound like it is still living....

Just saw a post overr on the Key Aviation forums showing the covers. Rafale update and the J-10 is the focus aircraft. Now that will be interesting to see how much they have on the Chinese superfighter (Lavi Clone?) after seeing a bit on it in an issue of Combat Aircraft a couple of issues ago.

Looks like the historical aircraft is the B-29/B-50

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/attachmen...chmentid=157564

Matt

Hey my 100th post! Almost a double, had my 1000th over on the site that one dares not mention around here early last week.

Edited by Matt Roberts

Matt

It is still alive - I received Issue 22 in the post today.

Contents include: "Flankers for Venezuela"; "Fuerza Aerea Ecuatoriana"; "Dassault Rafale"; "Hawkeye Update"; "Chengdu J10"; "Ike at War"; "US Army Avaition Part 1" (so presumably a Part 2 in Issue 23); "Dassualt HU-25 Guardian"; "Augusta Westland EH101/AW101"; "Boeing B29/B50" and "Martin Baker Meteors".

So, no shortage of reading matter on the train home this evening...

:giles:

Darius

Probably means I'll see it here in the States by sometime in November!

The J-10 article should be interesting. Modern Chinese aircraft is about where the Soviet stuff was in the 80's when anything new and 'in depth' got a 'wow!' factor out of me when Air International did an article on something.

Matt

Matt

It is still alive - I received Issue 22 in the post today.

Contents include: "Flankers for Venezuela"; "Fuerza Aerea Ecuatoriana"; "Dassault Rafale"; "Hawkeye Update"; "Chengdu J10"; "Ike at War"; "US Army Avaition Part 1" (so presumably a Part 2 in Issue 23); "Dassualt HU-25 Guardian"; "Augusta Westland EH101/AW101"; "Boeing B29/B50" and "Martin Baker Meteors".

So, no shortage of reading matter on the train home this evening...

:giles:

Darius

This is why I stopped getting it - too much modern stuff, not enough historic. The balance was fine for a while, but has tilted far to much to the modern.

I do have an interest in modern aviation, but my primary focus is on historics. That's why I have every issue of Wings of Fame, but only about 1/2 of the old WAPJ. To each their own, and I won't be particularly sad to see it go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got #23 here in the States yesterday, C-17 article, Iranian Tomcats, Chinese Z-10 attack helo and some other stuff which I have not yet had time to scan....I only discovered it on my porch this morning when I got my paper before work.

Matt

I'll have to check tonight, I had about 20 minutes to look at it this morning.

All that and I was home sick yesterday afternoon and didn't even know it on my porch! It would have helped me weather having childrens TV on yesterday afternoon! hours and hours on Pengu, Backyardigans and Scooby Doo!

Issue 23....

Modern Aricraft covered - C-17 Globemaster (hey it's used by the RAF!)

Historic Aircraft - Me-262 (shot at alot of RAF aircraft, flown after the war by a few RAF test pilots!)

Combat feature - B-1Bs over Afganistan - sorry no RAF Bones

Short historic aircraft feature - North American B-45 Tornado (3 were flown by the RAF over USSR in the early 50's , and could drop the Grandslam!)

Short Modern feature - Z-10 Attack Helo

Photo features - Portugese Alpha Jets in airshow schemes and Brazilian Mirage 2000s

And something I surely forgot about....