Etendard IV Prototype

As we seem to be on an Etendard roll at the moment, does anyone know the colour scheme for the Etendard 1st naval prototype - with arrestor hook, but without the nose ventral fairing. Was it dark blue over white, or dark grey over white? Anyone have a nice photo - I can't find any that are worthwhile on the internet......

An excellent subject ;)

Though, apparently a rarely photographed one. had a quick google, and found a couple of very small, black and white photos. However, the colour scheme seems to be the standard Aeronavale scheme of the time i.e DSG over white.

HTH

Thanks guys!

Judging from the sparse internet info, it appears there were two early Etendard IV prototypes, one land-based (no arrester hook) which was NM, and the other was the naval version and carried a dark something over white scheme. I have the very old Heller 1/50 kit (with all the working features!) which depicts the naval version but doesn't offer any colour info. So I would be interested to see those photos Graham, if you have a chance to scan and post them?

Cheers Graham!

Here's what I'm looking for:

http://frenchnavy.free.fr/aircraft/etendard/etendard.htm

There's a photo about halfway down on the right, between the two greenish tables its labelled Etendard IVM02. That's the one I'd like to do. What I need is a bigger, more detailed photo and in colour if possible.

Edited by Paul Bradley

Cheers Graham!

Here's what I'm looking for:

http://frenchnavy.free.fr/aircraft/etendard/etendard.htm

There's a photo about halfway down on the right, between the two greenish tables its labelled Etendard IVM02. That's the one I'd like to do. What I need is a bigger, more detailed photo and in colour if possible.

Thats the only image I could find as well. As I said, I would say its probably painted in the standard scheme of the time. I recently built an Etendard IVM, which was the first production variant developed from the prototype in the photo, so I reckon its probably fair to assume the scheme is the same; certainly looks it. I used DSG over white.

HTH

Shaun

Edited by Seamus

Nope, the OLD Heller kit......

EtendardIV.jpg

etendard01.jpg

;)

Thats the only image I could find as well. As I said, I would say its probably painted in the standard scheme of the time. I recently built an Etendard IVM, which was the first production variant developed from the prototype in the photo, so I reckon its probably fair to assume the scheme is the same; certainly looks it. I used DSG over white.

HTH

Shaun

Cheers, Shaun. I think you are right.