Best of British

Not too late at all Keef, of course you can join in. A Hurricane is of course entirely acceptable and splendiferous for the purpose of the GB and the Best of British display for SMW 2008.

As the matter has been raised - and for the benefit of anybody thinking they may be too late - I'm happy for anybody to join the party at any time up to the close of the GB provided they can reasonably expect to complete a build and get it to Telford.

Says he, who hasn't actually started anything himself as yet... :fool::banghead:

peebeep

Ta muchly peebeep! I shall start it with the Spit for the BofB group build...!!

Keef

Thinking on a bit more, I see both the ideas that I had originally (1/24 Spit and EE Lightning) are being done by others, I am tempted to do something a little different - using the Masterbox 1/35 Commandos set. I would have the Tamiya Centaur rolling past them, but I don't think the Cromwell qualifies as "best of British" ;) So maybe just a little vignette?

I would love to take part in this-only problem, little Brit Stuff in the Stash-most are lend lease such as shermans, or Hercs.

I only have British and Naff-Cromwell Tank

Let me in!!!! May I submit the following as possiblilities - All in 1/72 for a change....A Meteor PR10 and a Meteor U16 (and maybe a T7 Hybrid?)

That said..I have failled miserably in meeting the deadlines in any of the other GB's!!!!!

Bill, you're late mate! Never mind, join in the fun and games, only four months to build something for the Best of British hallowed tables. Even I reckon I should be able to finish something before then. We likes Meteors, oh yes.

:whip:

:lol:

peebeep

Bill, you're late mate! Never mind, join in the fun and games, only four months to build something for the Best of British hallowed tables. Even I reckon I should be able to finish something before then. We likes Meteors, oh yes.

:whip:

:lol:

peebeep

Thanks Paul, I'd better get my finger out then!!!!!

Is it to late for me to submit my intension of an Airfix Mk1 Spitfire in 1:48th?

Of course not! I was beginning to think I might have to do another one myself!

Just as a reminder for those who have pledged builds, start your own threads up in the appropriate sub-forum, air, land etc. And although SMW 2008 may still seem a long way away it would be nice to see some more builds up and running.

(note to self: practice what you preach...)

peebeep

Can I change my mind and do a 1/48 Airfix spitfire F22/24 instead of the meteor. I'm getting a bit bogged down and need a sanity build at the moment. Sorry to mess you about.

and I have just realised I have never built a Spitfire!

Cheers,

Tim

Edited by Tim B

I'm thinking about a Mosquito too, (see here) which is obviously British and brilliant, but in a fictitious scheme, from a brilliant British comic Would that be OK?

As I suddenly found myself twiddling my thumbs instead of being at RIAT, I started building a Revell 1/72 Hurricane IIb. I've thrown in an Eduard Zoom set which was in the box, and I'll probably finish it as the Red Death's-Head bird from the Johnny Red stories. Would this be acceptable for the group build? Should go nicely with the Mosquito if Eastender goes ahead with that one,

Cheers,

Bill.

No probs with that Bill, if it's a Hurricane it's in.

Cool!

I took some piccies as the airframe went together today, not enough though as the build went rather quicker than expected!

I'll put up an in-progress thread tomorrow, I might even get some paint on by the end of this weekend,

Cheers,

Bill.

Signing in - I've decided what I'm going build for you entertainment.

AA_Gloster_Boxes004.jpg

Hopefully no turkeys in there!

All 1/72.

Xtrakit Meteor F8,

Airfix Meteor F3,

and Chematic Whittle Pioneer.

I'll open a thread for each. As you can tell, I've got a bit of a thing for Gloster aircraft - surrounded by their heritage, as I am in the Cotswolds.

Also, I did this http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1331 last year.

More good stuff from theplasticsurgeon! I was going to do an Xtrakit Meteor, but I've been trumped. Never mind! How can I be vexed with such serious signs of intent in evidence? Three build threads!

:thumbsup2:

BTW is that a Marlin in your avatar?

peebeep

Hopefully no turkeys in there!

All 1/72.

Airfix Meteor F3,

and Chematic Whittle Pioneer.

The FROG E28/41(?) Whittle Pioneer, which is the origin of the Chematic, I should think, is fairly challenging scale-wise, though it at least is unmistakably what it purports to be, in much the same way as the Airfix Defiant can't be mistaken for anything else. The subject choice is excellent, I should say.

The Airfix Meteor can be bettered using FROG Meteor F4 fuselage. If you like, I might be able to provide this.

The FROG E28/41(?) Whittle Pioneer, which is the origin of the Chematic, I should think, is fairly challenging scale-wise, though it at least is unmistakably what it purports to be, in much the same way as the Airfix Defiant can't be mistaken for anything else. The subject choice is excellent, I should say.

The Airfix Meteor can be bettered using FROG Meteor F4 fuselage. If you like, I might be able to provide this.

I've not really looked at the Pioneer parts yet - but am not expecting much. Next door neighbours gave me this as a FROG kit when I was about 8 - a lot of years ago!

I've already done a Frog Meteor F4 - which is quite likely to be in the Meteor box at Telford.

Frog_MeteorF4_1.jpg

Along with this NF-14

MatchboxMeteorComplete.jpg

BTW is that a Marlin in your avatar?

peebeep

It most certainly is! Great that you recognise it.

I built one from 1986 - and drove it ontil 1993.

My photos pre-date digital cameras etc, and all I have left is a scrap book - and load of memories.