Best of British

Can I take it you are proposing to get your builds to the UK?

Yes, definitely. Two small armoured cars shouldn't be a drama.

Edited by Brews

Good oh!

peebeep

no worries, Jen. I've filled it out already: "Antique, valuable, toys", right?

Seriously, I believe the term is "Old models" - that's what you used, anyway.

I'm toying with the idea of the Airfix HMS Belfast with White ensign etch. Does that fit the bill (not sure about 'best of breed', but she is a D-Day veteran)?

Never built a ship 'seriously' but I'm willing to give it a go.

Steve.

I'm toying with the idea of the Airfix HMS Belfast with White ensign etch.

Don't toy with it, advance to the start line and proceed! :whip:

Seriously, HMS Belfast was a significant bit of RN kit and is now a national treasure. It is 613'-6" of British Best-ness. :thumbsup2:

peebeep

OK this looks fun, I was planning to be at Telford whatever so keen to play and put something on the table.

At present thinking one tanky thing and one wingy thing, but what to do :hmmm:

Tanky thing will probably be something based on a Warrior or Challenger

Wingy thing, was thinking along the lines of a two seater either Hawk, Gnat or possibly a Hunter.

I was also bouncing about the idea of a Jet Provost, not the most glamorous of jets but one that performed sterling service training most of our pilots (and navigators) for a significant portion of the post war period. I await the decision of our esteemed arbitrators of Great Britishness.

Anyhoo I'll have a rummage at through the boxes see what whets the appetite and confirm over the next few days. I used to be indecisive you know, but now I'm just not sure any more. :shrug:

Cheers

MarkC

Tanky thingums are a bit outside my remit, but as far as I'm aware the Warrior should be OK - unless Sean decides otherwise. We already have a :thumbsup2: ruling on Challengers.

Hunters, Gnats and Hawks are all :thumbsup2:

I was also bouncing about the idea of a Jet Provost, not the most glamorous of jets but one that performed sterling service training most of our pilots (and navigators) for a significant portion of the post war period. I await the decision of our esteemed arbitrators of Great Britishness.

I would give you every possible encouragement to follow this course, because JP's are just sooo British! Go on, you know you want to.

peebeep

There's a good chance I might be in on this one now, with a Hunter of a type yet to be determined. I need to ask a few stupid questions of the more learned members before I confirm though :)

Don't toy with it, advance to the start line and proceed! :whip:

peebeep

Yessir Boss, I'm on it boss! :speak_cool:

Realistically though I'm only going to be there one day, probably Sunday - is that too much of a nuisance?

Steve.

As I have a JB Models Land Rover 101 in the stash, LWB Land Rover Hard Top plus a couple of Chally 2's.

Landy's are definitely in :thumbsup2: , go anywhere in the world and you are likely to see one. Do they ever wear out, I ask? Challengers have already been ruled in.

peebeep

Paul,

Can you add a Churchill Petard to my submission - and I hope to attend both days. I thought it would be a good to do a 'Hobarts Funny' to celebrate just how good us Brits are at engineering things in times of crisis!

Cheers

Andy

It does occur from time to time Daz, although I have much to learn about tanky thingums:

285604341.jpg

I have an Airfix Churchill near completed, so it is always possible I might do something for this GB. Matchbox Comet maybe? That represents British excellence does it not?

peebeep

With pleasure! :thumbsup2: In fact I have a Matchbox bridge layer knocking around the place somewhere, I might join you.

peebeep

Nice one Paul - I'm thinking of using the Resicast conversion set on the Tamiya chassis. And if I have any problems - I'll ask Daz for advice! Nice having King of the Treadheads on the forum - I'm nowhere as good as him, but I'll give it a go.

Andy