Best of British

if comic book schemes are to be permitted then can we go down the British Sci Fi route - in particular Thunderbirds for example - they don't come much more British and Stiff Upper Lip than Lady Penelope and Parker do they?

I would be absolutely delighted if anybody decides to explore these particular themes and of course there are some nice kits going featuring Dr Who plus Wallace and Gromit from that very British kit manufacturer, Airfix.

Armour wise how about the Centurion, the best British Post-War Tank.

Yes please!

Have a great time tomorrow guys I will be thinking of you all

Ditto

peebeep

I've just opened up my stash cupboard to see what I think is eligable.

Buccaneer?

Nimrod?

Harrier - highly inovative, even now.

or TSR2 in a What If scheme (I've already built XR220 in White)?

I'll discuss these with the chaps on the Britmodeller stand at Gloucester tomorrow.

What a splendid chap you are Sean old bean (pun intended).

I will not be in the slightest bit offended if you tell me to get stuffed.

Safe travels mate.

Be seeing you late morning.

Rich

I'm going to get my Bum kicked ...Mike put me up to it ..

see you tomorrow Rich

Armour wise how about the Centurion, the best British Post-War Tank.

Centurion, Chieftain, Challenger , Conqueror , Some funny looking Tank from WW1 , Scorpion , Scimitar, AS90, Land rover,

Bedford Truck , Scammell , Foden , oh crusader , any of those Dazzy :analintruder:

Buccaneer?

Nimrod?

Harrier - highly inovative, even now.

or TSR2 in a What If scheme?

British + excellent in their own right = :thumbsup2:

I don't think Sean or Karl will have any issues with these. You could always ply them with food and drink if they do. :D;)

peebeep

I've got a 1/24 Harrier GR1/3 in the stash that needs an excuse to be built. Problem is, I probably won't be able to make the SMW 2008 show, even if by some miracle my model makes the grade. Does this pose a problem, or can I give it a go regardless????

Re the Harrier, nothing gets as British or as excellent as that, nothing even comes close :D

What a splendid chap you are Sean old bean (pun intended).

I will not be in the slightest bit offended if you tell me to get stuffed.

Safe travels mate.

Be seeing you late morning.

Rich

Bit of a bugger though ... I wouldn't mind doing one myself

Well as for the show today Its a no show for me ..flipping car problems

Re the Harrier, nothing gets as British or as excellent as that, nothing even comes close :D

That's a definite :thumbsup2: as an entry. There are other Britmodellers in your neck of the woods, I would hope that we could arrange for it to be transported assuming you complete a build.

peebeep

I can feel another Mosquito coming on ...... :pilot:

I've got a 1/72 Tamiya kit kicking around and may throw it in my suitcase and start it on my hols this week, may do a PR34 out of it, never done one of those before. On the subject of Best Of British, is there ANYTHING that sounds as good as the Merlin engine?

Lovely :yahoo:

B)

On the subject of Best Of British, is there ANYTHING that sounds as good as the Merlin engine?

Dear Neil,

In answer to your question, the only thing that sounds better than a Merlin engine is TWO Merlin engines strapped to a wooden wonder! :wub:

I could be tempted to join with a Mossie... even though mine would look crap compared to Neil's :crying:

Mmmm,

How about a Phantom? :winkgrin:

Jet engine invented by us, Ejector seats by Martin Baker, uses the steam catapult invented by us, need I add is slowed down on an angled deck (invented by us) by an arrestor hook, funnily enough we were there as well. Or am I being pedantic :innocent:

Need a decision on a Phantom FGR2 please....a lot of it was British!

After consultation, regrettably we must declare F4's invalid. Whilst we acknowledge that the Yank's might need considerable assistance in designing and building a half decent aeroplane, FGR2's are at best Transatlantic and therefore not 100% British beef. :fraidnot: Sorry.

peebeep

How about a Phantom? :winkgrin:

Jet engine invented by us, Ejector seats by Martin Baker, uses the steam catapult invented by us, need I add is slowed down on an angled deck (invented by us) by an arrestor hook, funnily enough we were there as well. Or am I being pedantic :innocent:

Please refer to my response to Phreak's enquiry. All the inventions you mention are wonderfully British things (although our German friends might add a question mark to ejection seats), so how about a nice model of a British aircraft carrier to showcase them?

peebeep

After consultation, regrettably we must declare F4's invalid. Whilst we acknowledge that the Yank's might need considerable assistance in designing and building a half decent aeroplane, FGR2's are at best Transatlantic and therefore not 100% British beef. :fraidnot: Sorry.

peebeep

Not a problem!

Can I assume that a 1/6 scale plate of Chicken Tikka Massalla will count then? :whistle:

Perhaps a Meteor or a Mosquito it is then!

Edited by PHREAK

And wasn't the Aircraft Carrier invented by us too?

Indeed, the Brits led the way in naval aviation intially and a model of HMS Furious would be highly suitable. In fact there are a number of carriers that would deserve a place in the display right up to the latest Ark Royal, provided it is wearing a White Ensign.

peebeep

Can I assume that a 1/6 scale plate of Chicken Tikka Massalla will count then? :whistle:

CTM is as British as roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, so it is definitely :thumbsup: , especially if you buy me some.

Perhaps a Meteor or a Mosquito it is then!

That's cookin' (sorry!)

peebeep