AFV Club 1/35 Centurion Mk6

Thanks Dave, Daz and Smudgey.

Dave - Once this one is done I'm going to build something completely OOB for a break from PE and fiddly details. I'm almost 100% set on a Tamiya Chally 2 kit that's in the stash.

I'm a little undecided with the weathering, as I am quite happy with the paint fading and don't want to obscure it with pigments. Instead, I'll take it one small step at a time and call it quits once I'm happy.

First step is a spray of thinned Tamiya Deck Tan around the lower part of the hull, and a little over the upper hull and turret for a lightly dusted look. I've also given the exhausts some rust pigments. They'll need a little cleaning up, but for today I'll call that enough.

Centurion181.jpg

Hmm.... actually I don't mind that look for a peace time vehicle, and may leave it at that. After I put the radio antennas on tomorrow I'll try to make up my mind.

Trent, this is bloody marvelous, mate. It's gonna look superb when it's all done.

Cracking job

Ian

Thanks Andy, Ian, Mish and Dave

Okay, I decided to finalise the weathering with a light dusting of Tamiya Weathering Set Gun Metal and Light Rust. Antennaes made from stretched sprue are attached, and I'm calling this one done for now unless I can find something I've missed.

Here's a few quick and dirty pictures, I'll try to get some better one ready soon.

Centurion194.jpg

Centurion199.jpg

Edited by BadCop

Superb, Trent :cheers:

I've really enjoyed watching this build and it's been well worth it, thanks for sharing this with us

Ian

Very enjoyable and inspirational thread with a superb result.

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to jeep us posted.

BZ

That is one brilliant build Trent, congratulations on a job well done, unfortunately seeing all your PE, I don't think I could tackle all that, but Kudos to you mate for a superb step by step guide.

P.S. If anybody else is up for a Modern Armour GB you can count me in.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. It was an enjoyable build, and I hope you all picked up a few tips watching me screw things up on the way to getting the final product. As of right now, I haven't had a chance to take better photographs, but I will have a few days off soon and will get them done then.

At the moment I'm trying to work on a few partially built kits before starting the Chally 2. I must finish at least one of 6 half finished kits in my parade of shame!!!

By the way, I'd love to see a Modern Armour GB here sometime soon!

By the way, I'd love to see a Modern Armour GB here sometime soon!

I'll second that.

My ASLAV 25 and ASLAV APC kits turned up a couple of days ago and I'm itching to get going on one.

Guest snipersmudge

that cent turned out very nice, love the weathering, get's me in the mood for my aussie cent in the pile

• 7 years later...