RAF 19 Squadron SpitHawk

This is the new display Hawk colour scheme for 2008, as seen elsewhere on Britmodeller.

This model is the Fujimi 1/72 straight from the box - yes, i know about the inaccuracies, but ask me if I cared. :headphones: Decals are a mixed bag from my spares box, including the yellow 19 from the new Airfix 1/48 Spitfire I - yes, I know its a little big, but its passable as far as I'm concerned! :tease:

fujimi_hawk02.jpg

fujimi_hawk01.jpg

Fun little weekend project! Enjoy!

• Like 1

Wow. Talking about speed. That is one great job. :speak_cool: I like the Hawk in this scheme.

I definitely want to build it too. Hope to see the real aircraft at Fairford.

Sietse

Cheers lads and lasses!

Nice one Paul - this one has attracted my attention as well and I was myself wondering where to turn for decals (until MA hit this)

I used Modeldecal generic sheets for the roundels and serials. The kit provided the stencils and, as I say, the Airfix kit provided the yellow 19s. Those could be made fairly eaasily on the computer. Th eonly other exception was the yellow walkway decals on the wings, which were from the MA 2003-4 RAF Display Hawk decal set that I happen to have. I suppose those could be made from fine yellow striping from the spares box as well, as I originally planned to do.

Certainly looks different on my display shelf!

I say there PB...with that kind of work I may have to come to AZ for a few days visit you and Mr. Reeves....and crawl around inside your 'eads to see how you do this stuff so good.

I say there PB...with that kind of work I may have to come to AZ for a few days visit you and Mr. Reeves....and crawl around inside your 'eads to see how you do this stuff so good.

Cheers, Mr.49! If I could just ask you to dust out all the cobwebs while you're in there... :shocked:

Actually, a great place to meet up with us is the annual Modelzona show on November 15th. Its at the CAF Museum in Mesa, so you can kill two birds with one stone. Great model show at the perfect location!

Edited by Paul Bradley