I am trying to make something

Just to prove I do try to do a bit of modelling

The results of past mistakes and disaster,stripped down,repainted and comming to fruition.

There is the Fujimi Skyhawk (1:72) that had the tail codes the wrong way round now re decaled as a VA95 machine.

The 1:48 Hasegawa A4 E originally decaled as a VC-5 machine,but the Hasegawa decals for the checks on the tail just would not settle well,so that was also stripped down and repainted and is comming along as a marine machine.

The Corsair is being weathered and re marked ( thanks to a kind hearted Brit modeller)

The Fujimi F4 is causing me head aches,Id forgotten how much rubbing down these kits needed.

and because I hate to throw away anything a 109 that was my airbrush test bed has been strpped down and awainting a late war camo and decals from an M.S.A.P sheet (recently re discovered under piles of old mags)

A-4decalready.jpg

stripped109onbench.jpg

FujimiF4primed.jpg

Corsairbeingweathered.jpg

A4172decalready.jpg

Hi Ancient Mariner, love the Skyhawks. Which air force is the F-4 going to be? I'm thinking of getting Fujimi's Israeli one.

Mart, from what I've heard the Fujimi Skyhawks are the best you can get in 1/72nd but some people have said it needs a bit of filler. Haven't got one yet as I've five from other companies in the to do pile already.

Paul Harrison

Edited by GreenDragon

I like the Skyhawks. :)

The 1/72 Fujimi Skyhawk, is it a good kit?

Mart

Mart and " green Dragon"

I think the Fujimi A4's are top drawer,but I didnt find them an "easy" build. White plastic doesnt do it for me and because they offer so many variants the nose to body joint (just behind the cockpit) is a real pain to get right.(Mainly because of the conplex curve that can easily be flattened.)

The detail and panel lines win over the old Esci offering.

That been said Ive never found a kit "easy" Im to sloppy in my work. Thanks for the encouragement guys. :grouphug:

AM

Edited by ancient mariner

Youve got a nice selection on the go at the moment, but hurry up and get that F4 Phinished :tease:

Bexy

AM,

Thanks for posting your pictures; that's lovely progress all round. I like the way your Skyhawks are shaping up and the paint scheme/weathering on the Corsair is very, very effective. It appears that you've done some fine work in the cockpit of the F-4, which as I remember is thoroughly devoid of detail. Some closer pics would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes for the outcome on all kits.

Andrew.

AM,

TIt appears that you've done some fine work in the cockpit of the F-4, which as I remember is thoroughly devoid of detail. Some closer pics would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes for the outcome on all kits.

Andrew.

Thanks Andrew,alas I cant take any credit for the F4 'pit. It was my first ( and possibly last) Aries resin set,that I managed to shoe horn into that old Fujimi kit. It should turn out ok with a closed canopy. I will post a pic before hand promise. Im afraid me and resin/etched brass dont really get along,something to do with the fact that super glue only seems to stick stuff to my fingers and not plastic.

• 3 weeks later...