1/72nd LCAC from Trumpeter

GreenDragon

I don't know if this has been posted already but Cybermodeller has the Trumpeter releases for September and the last kit on the page is a JMSDF LCAC in 1/72nd. Last months Fine Scale Modeler had an advert for the 1/144th scale one misprinted as 72nd but this one is for real! Linky http://www.cybermodeler.com/news/news080501a.shtml

Looks very interesting and I'll have a place to display my M1 and LAV's if I ever get round to building them! But maybe a bit too pricey at $99.95

Paul Harrison

Well considering the size of it thats not a bad price, its WWII equivilants cost alot more in the the injection moulded or resin variety.

Only trouble i see is that its the JMSDF version first rather than the USMC which would be the more popular subject ?

I would guess being the Japanese version this may be being subsidised by Pitroad.

Geoff

Hi Geoff.

I believe this is a Pit Roads kit boxed by Trumpeter mate.

HTH

Other way round Daz, Pitroad dont have the moulding machines to do this size so work deals with Trumpeter, did the same with the larger ships and the AFV's. Pitroad retains the Japanese distribution whilst trumpeter get the ROW.

Cheers

Geoff

IIRC the LCAC's are all built to the same standard (mostly by Textron Marine and Land Systems) and it should be a simple case of different decals.

The JMSDF have six and the US have 91 in service. I'll be waiting til someone drops the price to around £25 before I get one.

I wish someone (Zvezda?) would do a kit of the Ruissian Zubr class hovercraft, it looks so much better than the US LCAC and you can do Russian, Ukrainian, Chinese or Greek navies. I must admit though that I've got a feeling I'd like one in Swedish splinter camo, useless at sea but it would look so cool! Linky http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zubr_class_LCAC

Paul Harrison

Edited by GreenDragon
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...