"Take it through the car wash, he said"

Red Dragon

Commander: I say Driver, I said wash the tracks not turn us into an armoured road sweeper.

Bexy

On a serious note what's the history behind the picture: it's a Chieftain but it in addition to the brushes it looks like it's go an extension to the back of the turret and the engine deck has been built up. I'm going to guess at powerplant development for the Challenger?

Edited by Richard E

I think the brush work was something to do with defeating Doppler Radar, I will try and dig out a couple of more photos and see if the rear of the vehicle is visible.

Phil

On a serious note what's the history behind the picture: it's a Chieftain but it in addition to the brushes it looks like it's go an extension to the back of the turret and the engine deck has been built up. I'm going to guess at powerplant development for the Challenger?

A couple of photos, one is a side view which shows the discs on the road wheels (All part of the Doppler thingy), the other is the best rear view I have, it was raining so heavily that it screwed the autofocus on the camera, the AF thought the rain was a solid object!

Phil

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

Interesting!

I'll show Uncle Stu this when he pops in next time....he'll know and will give me a 1/2 hour monologue about it!

Do that Rich, need that flash cable by the way, my running repair ceased to run.

Phil

Interesting!

I'll show Uncle Stu this when he pops in next time....he'll know and will give me a 1/2 hour monologue about it!