Just Arrived Pz.Kpfw.I Ausf.A

T-Tango

On the doorstep when I arrived home at lunchtime, hot from Hong Kong, a Dragon 1/35 Pz.Kpfw.I Ausf.A boy is it small, compared the lower hull against my KT and it looks like a 1/72 scale model, but with 420 parts this is gonna be a lulu to build providing I can stay sane. :mental: I'll post pics in due course.

Cheers Daz, not quite sure what camo scheme I'm gonna do it, but I saw one of a vehicle, not this one, from the Russian Front winter 1941/42 which I've been dying to try out.

Didn't know what one of these was so I just google imaged it, wasn't they small?

Yeh! compared to my KT it looks 1/72 scale, I've just had a look in the box and some of the parts are microscopic. :hypnotised:

Here is mine...before I crushed it due to some tracks problems.

photo_12.jpg

Otherwise, it was a very pleasant build.

This was the A before the reboxing with parts to build the interior of the panzer.

Is yours the latter box?

Here is mine...before I crushed it due to some tracks problems.

Otherwise, it was a very pleasant build.

This was the A before the reboxing with parts to build the interior of the panzer.

Is yours the latter box?

Yes it's the modified version with interior and "magic tracks", supposedly you just wave a magic wand over the bits and they make themselves. :whistle: ( I wish)

Yes it's the modified version with interior and "magic tracks", supposedly you just wave a magic wand over the bits and they make themselves. :whistle: ( I wish)

When you use the right way to build them, it's not so difficult.

I wish I'd wait to this day to build my Pz I....

One small gripe about this Dragon kit, most of the parts, although they are attached to the main sprues as you would expect, they are also attached to a piece of sprue that is not attached to anything, anything up to 3 of these per part, which to me seems totally pointless as other manufacturers don't need to do this, are all Dragon kits like this?

Yes.

It has certainly something to do with the general precision and details of their various kits.

Just done some surfing and it seems as though Dragon do this to eject the parts from the moulds so that they can keep the ejector pin marks to a minimum and so give crisper and better detail to the parts, with the minimum of clean up.

First update pics of the Pz.Kpfw.I.

pza03.JPG

pza04.JPG

pza05.JPG

And just for a laugh I've photographed it alongside the KT to show the difference in size.

pza06.JPG

All comments welcome.

Pete von Princeoflittleandlargepanzers

Looking good Pete.

And tou've painted the Transmission the right colour.

Very well done mate.

Cheers Daz

It was a stab in the dark Daz, good ol' Humbrol 30 Dark Green, by the way I assume the floor would be Panzer Grey?

The floor would be red primer mate with the crew compartment German Interior Cream. Pete I thought you had done the Transmission in Tamiya Field Grey which is the corect colour, but never mind mate. You've done an excellent job so far.

Cheers Daz

The floor would be red primer mate with the crew compartment German Interior Cream. Pete I thought you had done the Transmission in Tamiya Field Grey which is the corect colour, but never mind mate. You've done an excellent job so far.

Cheers Daz

The transmission aint stuck in yet mate so I can soon do it grey, no probs. Thanks for the input.

Ok, another interior question the equipment behind and to the right of the drivers seat in the pics, what colours should this be painted? Would it be painted Field Grey as well?