Completed - Fujimi /MFH 126C2 Ferrari San Marino

Fujimi 1/20 base kit, amalgamated with Model Factory Hiro San Marino transkit to make a fairly nice rendition of the 1982 San Marino GP raced by no 28 D Pironi, everyone goes for Gilles Villeneuve, so thought I’d be different.

Kit was a bit of a challenge, I opted for a naked look, without boots and no body, mounted on stands, think that idea was forced on me after I realised I’d laid on too much paint and to click the body in place means I might chip some paint off. Don’t want to risk it, anyhow I like the idea of being able to see all the insides etc.

I added tubing, and wiring wherever I could, made my own roll cage out of 1.2mm steel tubing, and painted the excellent resin cast body with Zero 80’s period Ferrari Red.

Overall, despite the mistakes I made, it turned out better then expected for my first resin transkit. The extensive use of white metal was a little tricky, but I managed to get it all to fit eventually.

Not a kit I’d recommend to beginners, too complex, but for those who’ve built a few F1 models, or bikes or plastic kits etc, you’ll be fine.

Ok, enough of my ramblings, pictures, please enjoy comments welcome.

ytqqlz.jpg

ytqqm2.jpg

ytqqm3.jpg

ytqqmf.jpg

ytqqm5.jpg

ytqqms.jpg

ytqqme.jpg

ytqqmp.jpg

ytqqmo.jpg

ytqqmq.jpg

ytqqn1.jpg

ytqqmu.jpg

ytqqn2.jpg

ytqqn3.jpg

ytqqmr.jpg

And WIP pictures here –

http://wip.picturebook.org.uk/c1472924.html

And some more completed pictures if you’ve not seen enough on my website lol

http://michael616.fotopic.net/c1500547.html

Thanks for looking.

that looks amazing - I've got the Revell repop of the old Protar 1/12 version here in the stash, but looking at how good yours is I dont think I'll bother. :(

Inspired build especially as I'm making a start on my 1/12 312-T4. Just ordered the pre '04 Zero Ferrari red colour and looks to be a close match looking at yours.

Impressive finish on the monocoque.

Cheers

Doc

You know- I have to say that is astonishing- the lustres, the colours the everything- is sooo 1980's F1- congratulations.

It's also an interesting car, from an interesting period.

However-

The number on the side should be 666 as far as I'm concerned. Fast as undoubtedly Pironi was, he totally unsettled the Ferrari team and basically put some extremely pathetic moves over his TEAM LEADER at that particular race, and set the scene for later tragedies- his team mates, and then his own because of his own recklessness- later confirmed by his power boat accident.

Villenueve could easily have been World Champion in the T-4, however , being a second driver with integrity who honored his contract, he never once tried to overtake Sheckter, although he could easily have done so on numerous occasion.

Thats quite an astonishing debut at Britmodeller Michael ! Absolutely beautiful work from soemone who has both talent and excellent knowledge of his subject, love it. Undoubtedly from the most exciting era of F1 in my opinion, and a great tribute too.

Brilliant.

:wow::wow:

Stunning, simply stunning. Fantastic job, mate. Even though you did pick the wrong driver... :evil_laugh:

Are you going to be doing the new Fujimi 126CK from '81 too?

Wonderful work Michael.

I particularly like the the 'grain' of the aluminium on the tub. The paintwork on the mechanicals stands out without being obvious too. Very subtle but very realistic.

How about a late season Andretti car now?

Oh, I have a question on the San Marino GP cars, did they run 13inch rear wheels or 15inch ones? The kit seems to have 13inch front and rear. Does the transkit stick with those sizes?

Regards,

Phil.

You know- I have to say that is astonishing- the lustres, the colours the everything- is sooo 1980's F1- congratulations.

It's also an interesting car, from an interesting period.

However-

The number on the side should be 666 as far as I'm concerned. Fast as undoubtedly Pironi was, he totally unsettled the Ferrari team and basically put some extremely pathetic moves over his TEAM LEADER at that particular race, and set the scene for later tragedies- his team mates, and then his own because of his own recklessness- later confirmed by his power boat accident.

Thanks....

Indeed Pironi did win the 1982 San Marino GP under some controversy. He was also second in the WDC that year… Still, I wanted to build the race winner, and as I said everyone goes for no 27, Gilles machine, so thought I’d go for no 28 instead…

Glad someone mentioned it, and I intend to build a whole bunch of period F1 from the 60’s – late 80’s, just need to find the time… lol

Thats quite an astonishing debut at Britmodeller Michael ! Absolutely beautiful work from soemone who has both talent and excellent knowledge of his subject, love it. Undoubtedly from the most exciting era of F1 in my opinion, and a great tribute too.

Brilliant.

Thank you.... Pleased to be onboard with you all...

Stunning, simply stunning. Fantastic job, mate. Even though you did pick the wrong driver... :evil_laugh:

Are you going to be doing the new Fujimi 126CK from '81 too?

Yeah, but someone had to build this version..

I have a MFH 126CK Monaco version in the stash somewhere, so not sure if I'll pick up the Fujimi version yet.

Wonderful work Michael.

I particularly like the the 'grain' of the aluminium on the tub. The paintwork on the mechanicals stands out without being obvious too. Very subtle but very realistic.

How about a late season Andretti car now?

Oh, I have a question on the San Marino GP cars, did they run 13inch rear wheels or 15inch ones? The kit seems to have 13inch front and rear. Does the transkit stick with those sizes?

Regards,

Phil.

I was pleased with the aluminium tub, it turned out just nicely in the end.... I also mentioned about the rear wheels as I was building it up.... I agree, MFH should have kitted new wheels with new tyres, but they only provided new wheels, and no tyres, meaning I had to use the kit tyres, and therefore the rims where not corrected, only cast in metal etc.. shame.

Again, everyone thanks for all the wonderful comments, pleased you all liked it. Set myself up now, you'll all now expect nothing but awesome work from me...!!

lol well, I'll see what I can muster up for you all....

Sorry everyone, my picture host have thrown their toys out the pram, and told me to reduce the bandwidth I’m using. However, they never thought to warn me first, instead they just forcefully removed my entire collection from public view.

I’m in the process of sorting this, in other words, paying the greedy buggers more money, and I’ll hope to have this sorted ASAP. Really sorry, the model proved quite popular, and I exceeded the 1GB limit.. oops..!!

Please do try again later... Hopefully it won't be long..

• 11 years later...