Jump to content

1/48 Seafire III FINISHED !


OzH
 Share

Recommended Posts

So, here's my second entry to the GB

This time a 1/48 Seafire using Tamiya's Vb and the MDC Seafire III conversion set, some bits and bobs from Eduards detail set and Aeroclubs Seafire III and Aeromaster decals.

This Seafire will be in the markings of PP979 of 807 NAS on HMS Hunter, May 1945.

Picture157.jpg

I'm building this at the same time as a Seafire LIII, this time useing Hasagawa's Vb and IX, so I'm picking the the most appropriate parts from the two conversion sets to fit the kits Other Seafire link

Here's what I've got to play with

Picture156.jpg

Edited by OzH
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

Just to check, you are not intending to use the Fuselage of the Mk.IX are you?

Phil

So, here's my second entry to the GB

This time a 1/48 Seafire using Tamiya's Vb and the MDC Seafire III conversion set, some bits and bobs from Eduards detail set and Aeroblubs Seafire III and Aeromaster decals.

This Seafire will be in the markings of PP979 of 807 NAS on HMS Hunter, May 1945.

I'm building this at the same time as a Seafire LIII, this time useing Hasagawa's Vb and IX, so I'm picking the the most appropriate parts from the two conversion sets to fit the kits (I'll post a link soon)

Here's what I've got to play with

Picture156.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

Just to check, you are not intending to use the Fuselage of the Mk.IX are you?

Phil

No matey, Vb fuselage with the MDC Wings

My other build, I've used the tail section off the IX as it has the correct tail planes and a seperate rudder, I need to source some for this one though (bring on the spares box!)

Edited by OzH
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good luck with the build OzH, you have started well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A couple of progress pics:

Tamiya fusulage with MDC Seafire III wings and Airwaves hook

Picture235.jpg

Picture234.jpg

Some filling required!!!

Edited by OzH
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Been busy with work lately so not much progress on this kit.

Since my last post, I cracked off the wings, the gaps just seemed toooo big. A bit of fiddling, plastic strip and filling and it all sits together quite well.

Ready for painting...

Picture247.jpg

Picture248.jpg

Picture239.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

looking great Oz, those gaps look pretty big for a MDC product, was it a slip of the razor saw or is it like that out of the box, You've made a great fix

Regards

Bruce

Bruce

Thanks for the comments

As for the gaps, I cut along the correct panel lines as directed in the instructions, but he wings are a just a little small when compared to the Hasegawa "C" wing in the IX kit, sitting one on the other, they are about 1mm short in length and bredth, no big problem really, they "look" right so I'm happy!!

If you get upset by 1mm either way, probably best use the Airwaves resin wing or like on my other current Seafire build, the Hasegawa "C" wing and scribe the folds in yourself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the paintjob on this is anything like your Auster, it's going to be a beaut. Looking forward to seeing it done! :speak_cool:

I second that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...