Canberra test shots from Perth

John

Guest Drewe

The only thing I wonder is what on earth the seperate top decking on the fighter canopied variants is in aid of when the fishbowl canopy is clearly a new fuselage?

You do realise that it appears as if the test shots are there for the other three announced kits, which means they could well be on the shelves by chrimbo :speak_cool:

Must admit i'm with Dave though and eagerly awaiting the 1/72 versions.

Thanks for the photos John.

Cheers

Geoff

Bite your collective tongues! That graceful fighter-like canopy *made* the Canberra! :) I love 'em all...

J

Sorry fellow Brits, but I agree, IMO the B-57Bs onward are the nicest-looking Canberras.

Drewe put it better than I ever could:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...st&p=104768

:rofl:

Edited by MikeC

Sorry fellow Brits, but I agree, IMO the B-57Bs onward are the nicest-looking Canberras.

Drewe put it better than I ever could:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...st&p=104768

:rofl:

As a Canberra :smartass: and very partial to PR7's it has to be said that the Goldfish Bowl is the best, but Im biased :lol: However, the B57B onwards was a very well redesigned aircraft and as far as Im concerned the only thing wrong with the B57xx series was they werent fitted with ROLLS ROYCE AVONS :worthy:

As for airfix, I'll be interested in how they pull this off with the variants they have planned, so fingers crossed they dont balls it up. I cant wait for the 72nd B2's as all my other 10 Canberras are all 72nd :lol:

Bexy

A quick question and a comment...

Comment first...Brilliant use of black plastic on a dark table for test shot photos!

Now the question...on the sprues in pics #1, #3 and #5 is that a chaff pod? It's the little winged pointed nose looking thing, like a munchkin Blue Steel, in the lower right corner of pic #1

Matt

A quick question and a comment...

Comment first...Brilliant use of black plastic on a dark table for test shot photos!

Now the question...on the sprues in pics #1, #3 and #5 is that a chaff pod? It's the little winged pointed nose looking thing, like a munchkin Blue Steel, in the lower right corner of pic #1

Matt

It's the BOZ 107 used on PR9s

Guest Drewe
The B57 monstrosity? :evil_laugh:

Nope, that's clearly a new fuselage as well to cope with the different nose and airbrakes. 'Tis a conundrum and no mistake.

Nope, that's clearly a new fuselage as well to cope with the different nose and airbrakes. 'Tis a conundrum and no mistake.

So they can use the same canopy and mounting piece on the PR9 and the B(I)8?

(Of course means 4 separate fuselages - PR9, B(I)8, B2 and B-57).

I can see how moulding the offset cockpit would be complicated with a simple 2-piece fuselage. That's why I assumed the insert was there, though I've not got my hands on one to see for myself, so I could be completely wrong,

Cheers,

Bill.

• 2 weeks later...
As a Canberra :smartass: and very partial to PR7's it has to be said that the Goldfish Bowl is the best, but Im biased :lol: However, the B57B onwards was a very well redesigned aircraft and as far as Im concerned the only thing wrong with the B57xx series was they werent fitted with ROLLS ROYCE AVONS :worthy:

As for airfix, I'll be interested in how they pull this off with the variants they have planned, so fingers crossed they dont balls it up. I cant wait for the 72nd B2's as all my other 10 Canberras are all 72nd :lol:

Bexy

Hopefully Airfix have learnt from their own mistakes from the 70's and CA's from a couple of years ago. Very promisingat this stage though.

Tony :clif: