Something to brighten your dull, grey lives!

All these whingers about FM kits got me thinking. I was sure I had one in the stash and lo, there it was. The Fouga Magister. Locating my FCM sheet 48/10, I commenced work.

What a pile of :shit: To all those I described as whingers, I apologise. Hack, chop, slice, curse, fill, sand, re-fill, curse, re-sand and finally, curse.

Anyway, it's finished and boy am I glad I don't build RAF bombers. Enjoy.

CM1301.jpg

CM1302.jpg

CM1303.jpg

Now for the Eduard Hellcat.

W

While my life is anything but grey, if it were, that one would cure it!

I know doodly about the Magister, let alone kits of it, but it sure did fit up. Whether it was easy, well, so it goes...

For those of us who know no better, what kit was it, and what does it represent?

The badge on the nose looks typical of South American air force unit heraldry. Going by the colours I'd say it's Brazilian, though I'm not aware of Brazil operating the Magister. Mind you, they were a Mirage operator, so no strangers to French kit.

Joseph

Edited by JosephLalor

Thanks for the comments peeps, the real thing can be found here: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Brazil---Ai...ster/0981359/L/

The display team of the Brazilain AF, the Esquadrilha Da Fumaca used them between 1968 and 1972, replacing their Harvards. They were the first a/c used by them that could eject coloured smoke, blue, green, yellow and white. They went back to the Harvard as the Magister was a tad expensive to run. I believe they now use the Tucano.

The kit is the Fondling Miniatures pile of doo doo in 1/48 and the transfers are from FCM of Brazil. The only other kit was a Koster release some years ago. Probably easier to build than this load of Pantathian droppings. I wouldn't recommend it to a dog.

It might appear in Perth.

W

A very attractive plane! I love it! ;)

You say Eduard Hellcat? Which one? I have the F6F-3 from the VF-27 on my table now - its one of the best kits OOB i ever encountered!

Hey Ian

that can go next to the Brazilian Mirage, if you've still got it. I'm just sad I hadn't pointed out that scheme so you could curse me over it. Still I'm sure I could find another one if I looked hard enough. See you tomorrow,

Regards

Paul

That looks great in the Aerobatic Team colours - Lot's of teams used the Magister, so how about making a few more ........ Duck fast and close the door !!!

'V'

That looks great in the Aerobatic Team colours - Lot's of teams used the Magister, so how about making a few more ........ Duck fast and close the door !!!

'V'

'V'

Nice build, looks great for what sounds like a pig of a kit. :goodjob:

Reminds me of when I was a kid and used to see the IAC magisters flying in formation over my house.

I was considering buying the kit and the Max Decals for the IAC display team, but I don't think I'll bother now. :fraidnot: