A-10A Thunderbolt II

This going to be sweet. I will wait patiently for it to be done. I'm waiting....it's not done yet..what's the hold up. I am going :wacko: with all the excellent builds an WIP's here...slow up mates give me time to recover from the last one before you deluge me with other masterpieces. Keep up the good work mate.

hehe guys, patience! I'm curently working on two special MiG21s and they're both painted up and will be hopefully finished in a week or so... I started A-10 in the meantime and will continue full time on it when MiGs are finished... and I promise you, this A-10 will be something special ;)

hehe guys, patience! I'm curently working on two special MiG21s and they're both painted up and will be hopefully finished in a week or so... I started A-10 in the meantime and will continue full time on it when MiGs are finished... and I promise you, this A-10 will be something special ;)

senastijane what markings will those mig's carry?maybe some yugoslav ones?

Academy 1/72 kit... nothing special really but I do like the kit so... I'll post more pics when it'll start looking like a hog

1.jpg

Really looking forwrd to seeing this made up. A bit small for me, but great subject all the same. Good luck!keep us posted with some more pics when there's progress? Cheers, Geoff

little progress...

Because I decided I'll build Capt. Kim Capmbell's mount, whose plane was beaten pretty heavly over Iraq, I'll have to improvise a bit and make battle damage on this model - first time trying to do that...

first damage I'm trying to simulate is a torn vertical stabilizer which had its center leading edge torn away to the main wingspar...

picture of the real thing (courtesy of Aircraft Resource Center):

02.jpg

Progress:

unmodified kit piece

2.jpg

creating a new leading edge - I bended a piece of 0.3mm sheet styrene over the leading edge, squeezed with tweezers and hold that over candle for a couple of seconds, so the shet styrene softened and conformed to the leading edge...

3.jpg

result

4.jpg

then I had to cut out a piece of leading edge - a modellers saw and tamiya's scriber were of big help

5.jpg

and here's the basic damaged stabilizer... more detailing will follow after painting... actually the photo doesn't really show how good it actually looks - I guess painting will show it up...

6.jpg

to be continued...

lI decided I'll build Capt. Kim Capmbell's mount, whose plane was beaten pretty heavly over Iraq,

picture of the real thing (courtesy of Aircraft Resource Center):

02.jpg

Women Drivers eh? Another empty kitchen I say!

little update

exhaust are pretty thick in the kit and need to be sanded from the inside...

the left one is sanded while the right one is from the kit - it's hard not to notice the difference

7.jpg

I've added some extra bits to the damage on the rear wings

8.jpg

Hog got her wings. there were no problems with main ones, but the rear needed some Surfacer to fill the wing to fuselage joint

9.jpg

Mike thanks! I've seen a formation of two in flight here, some 12 years ago inbound an airshow, but that's it...

some little progress - fuselage and engine got battle damage, too

11.jpg