Unusual P-47s in 1/48

Hi all,

These have just rolled off the workbench (figuratively speaking!): Tamiya's P-47M Thunderbolt, done as a post-WWII F-47D in custom markings, and Academy's F-47N in Hawaii ANG markings from Aeromaster. More details and photos can be accessed from www.thebryons.com/model_index.html

Feedback welcome

F47D_012.jpg

F47D_007.jpg

F47D_017.jpg

F47D_011.jpg

F47N_003.jpg

F47N_011.jpg

F47N_014.jpg

F47N_006.jpg

Jon,

Superb work on them Jugs matey.

Did you alclad them?

What did you use to pick out the rivets? Oils?

Cheers for sharing.

Bob

Thanks once again guys.

No Alclad in China. Used Gunze Mr Color Silver (8) with a little Aluminium (218) on some panels. Post shaded with highly thinned Gunze Smoke. Glossed with good old Klear (specially sent from the UK).

The wash is super-cheap oil paint thinned with Zippo lighter fluid. I'd use nothing else :-)

Cheers

Jon

Great stuff, Jon, up to the usual high standard. Are there any pictures of the build on your website?

Tony :clif:

Sorry,Jon, Should have read the title!

Thanks again guys!

Super neat work Jon. :speak_cool:

Can I ask...what did you do for the yellow tail with black scalloped edge? mask and paint or decals?

Yep. Yellow tail is just Gunze Mr Color Yellow (329). The black scallops came as decals from Aeromaster. Easy-peasy!

Actually, the decals were okay, but if I were to do it again I'd try using them as a template for a mask. That way I'd get rid of the carrier film which is necessary so they don't just fall apart when applied.

Cheers

Jon