NEW Sea Fury Walkaround on ARC

dahut

Always something, aint it? Try to be helpful and wham - it is a sorta Fury. Ah, well.

Always something, aint it? Try to be helpful and wham - it is a sorta Fury. Ah, well.

Well I was being silly... :)

GAT was made up of pieces and parts from possibly four or five planes. Most of the U.S. Furys have been so butchered and bastardized that they no longer are Sea Furys and have morphed into Sorta Furys. There is an easy test:

A public service announcement for confused 'mericans...

Hawker Sea Furys have five blades and a Bristol engine.

Sorta Furys have four blades and a Yankee radial engine.

It is easy to get confused here in the U.S., as you get lulled into confusion by repeated exposure to Sorta Furys. Many even call them Sea Furys. The only real Sea Furys are those as created by Hawkers. Do not be mislead by the Sorta Fury pretenders. :)

Jim

Thanks for that Jim - glad to know I'm not the only one who feels that way! Sorta Fury - I LIKE that! Nothing worse that hearing a Sorta Fury back-farting; nothing better than listening to a Bristol Centaurus purring. :P

And don't get me started on the stupid colour schemes! :angry:

And David, I don't think anyone is shooting the messenger.

Edited by Paul Bradley

Now those are some pics, Andy! Beeeeyooootiful.

I wasnt worried over being shot as messenger - not at all. I saw the new walkaround on ARC and thought, "Well I suppose some of the blokes and lassies on BM might like this..."

If it stirred you into posting yours then, man, it was the right thing to do. Thank YOU, Andy!