Bristol Bulldog

My entry -

Lancaster034.jpg

No idea if I'll get it finished...the insignia, serials, etc are moulded onto the kit, so the whole bloody thing will have to be rubbed down. My bet is Jen will have hers built before I have even started sticking mine together! :) Oh well...

Regards

Andy

Karl,

The decal sheet looks pretty good, and gives two options for a 17 and 19 Squadron machine - J9587 and K2159. Dunno which one to go with yet.

Andy

Edited by AndyL

Dylan - You hit the nail on the head there...Smeg it is, but I'm going to have a crack at trying to get it looking like a Bristol Bulldog.

Karl - the markings have come off the fuselage halves a treat, and the underwing ones too. The upper wing ones are a pig to remove. I might get them down to an acceptable level then put a few coats of Halfords primer over it to see whats showing through. Then I'm off to try to herd a few cats, just for the experience! :D

Right, after much sanding, I've got the fuselage, underside, and most of the top wing surface cleared of the moulded on markings. The upper wing was a pig to sort, and after attacking it with sanding sticks, I sprayed a light coat of primer over it to show up the imperfections. Now it's more or less sorted...

Lancaster049.jpg

Karl,

All that sanding has driven me potty today, however I managed to finish my 1/48 Airfix Spitfire I just to give me a bit of variation. Next step will be trying to make a functional looking cockpit in the Bulldog. However, I might just go for a pint instead!

Just a quick update - progress has been hampered due to the loss of the compressor, so I'm going to have to wing it with rattle cans and paint by hand...ooh err...

Done a bit of dry fitting, and seems ok, but still more sanding to do. We'll see how this one pans out!

Lancaster057.jpg

Edited by AndyL

Cheers Pez!

I decided to attempt to add the distinctive exhaust pipes that run from the cylinders to the collector ring. I bent plastic rod over a candle and cut to size. The end result looks ok, but will need a bit of fairing in to the collector ring, which I'll do with white putty thinned with a little liquid glue.

Lancaster060.jpg

Lancaster061.jpg

Cheers Erwin...nowt wrong with our Abby...though the OH would certainly have something to say about that!

Just tried to put a few decals on the assemblies - the kit offerings look lovely, but they either refuse to come off the backing sheet, or those that have, have simply fragmented... :angry:

Looks like a grovel in the wanted section beckons..........

Edited by AndyL

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, this just won't get done in time - no decals, no compressor and no darn job. Shame as I was quite enjoying it. Wings are on, but it's just sat there gathering dust. Bah.

Edited by AndyL

Pete,

Thank you for the kind offer, but there's no way I could take those from you, not when I won't be able to complete the kit in time. But I sincerely appreciate it.

Kind Regards

Andy