Revell A380 Woes

Dereknf

In the Christmas Sales I picked up the Revell 1/144 A380 in the Emirates scheme for only £9.99. Bargain I thought. Got it home to discover a couple of parts missing from the box. Nothing important - only the two fuselage halves!

I e-mailed Revell - twice- and eventually got a reply about 6 weeks later. Send the instructions, the barcode and cheque for £3 and they would send the bits. Great I thought. That was 7 weeks ago. Today I got everything returned with a letter saying that model is now discontinued and they don't have any spare parts. Brilliant. They advised me to return it to the store for exchange or refund. Easier said than done. Good advice though. Wish I had done that in the first place rather than deal with Revell.

Interesting that the "First flight" kit still appears on the web-site. Don't Revell realize that it has the same fuselage?

I now have an A380 kit I can only build as a flying wing.

Be a long time before I buy another Revell kit again. Does anyone need some A380 bits? Wings, engine gear etc?

Bad customer service ..I lost some bits on one of their kits once

took ages to get a reply ...

But take it back and get a refund ..or if you want to do the Emirates scheme ..I think Modelzone still stock these kits ,

but only as a 1st flight edition

In the Christmas Sales I picked up the Revell 1/144 A380 in the Emirates scheme for only £9.99. Bargain I thought. Got it home to discover a couple of parts missing from the box. Nothing important - only the two fuselage halves!

I e-mailed Revell - twice- and eventually got a reply about 6 weeks later. Send the instructions, the barcode and cheque for £3 and they would send the bits. Great I thought. That was 7 weeks ago. Today I got everything returned with a letter saying that model is now discontinued and they don't have any spare parts. Brilliant. They advised me to return it to the store for exchange or refund. Easier said than done. Good advice though. Wish I had done that in the first place rather than deal with Revell.

Interesting that the "First flight" kit still appears on the web-site. Don't Revell realize that it has the same fuselage?

I now have an A380 kit I can only build as a flying wing.

Be a long time before I buy another Revell kit again. Does anyone need some A380 bits? Wings, engine gear etc?

Don't wish to appear hard to get on with but, returning it to the store is realy the first thing to do and the shop is bound by law to replace it or refund your money, if they don't see your local trading standards officer.

BTW I recently spoke with Revell UK boss and he tells me they have changed the way they deal with problems like that to avoid upsetting customers.

Ted

I'll write to them and tell them I would be willing, as a compromise, to accept the "first flight" fuselage. As gesture of good-will, they could have given a refund or a replacement. This is the first this has happened to me for many years and it has made me very grumpy. Maybe I'll just get one at £9.99 from Modelzone. Still cheaper than normal price. Maybe the wings might be missing from that one!

Don't wish to appear hard to get on with but, returning it to the store is realy the first thing to do and the shop is bound by law to replace it or refund your money, if they don't see your local trading standards officer.

Returning it to the shop wasn't an easy option but I take your point.

BTW I recently spoke with Revell UK boss and he tells me they have changed the way they deal with problems like that to avoid upsetting customers.

It hasn't worked then. If they have changed the process I shudder to think what it was like before!

I'll put it down to experience. Just a warning to anyone else who needs spares from Revell not to expect too much.

• 3 months later...

Buy a new one from ModelZone, take out the parts you need and then take it back for store credit ;)

Thats a joke by the way.......................I'd never do that...................honestly