Welcome!

desmojen Posted Today, 09:03 PM

DD, no tugging allowed ok

That's a brilliant idea, after all, the RAF isn't just aeroplanes!

Fanks Jen.

What no tugging at all ??......not even a little doff ?

Now I know why I wear glasses............Too much doffing :hypnotised::nerd::lol:

DD

Erwin,

It's pretty easy really :shrug:

Anything that has ever flown in the RAF is eligible. The RAF is not the same as the FAA and never has been. Coastal Command is (was) part of the RAF anyway.

So, any aircraft, built anywhere that served with the RAF is eligible. That includes a few captured Luftwaffe machines if you really want to push the point, since they were on the books and had RAF serials allocated.

There's a very comprehensive list here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_of_the_RAF

Jen.

I agree with Jen.Stay with the RAF and don't get sidetracked.

Stephen

Sorted/surfed/fought the stash and come up with;

Toko Sopwith Snipe

Airfix Bristol Bulldog

Airfix hawker Hart

Matchbox A.W.A. Siskin

Matchbox Hawker Fury

amongst others...

I would like to build one of each (yup I have mulitples) for the GB, but as it is only one month and I'm going to be busy with work which one first, and which squadron markings? do I go for a wide coverage or stick to one squadron??? Decisions, decisions!

Happy modelling

Christian

Count me in too, i'll be doing an FGR 2 Phantom 1/48th Revell kit two tone Green/Grey. Don't know what squadron yet mind!

Planning to build this:

PhantomsFujiFGR2.jpg

But definitely without the ground attack load!

Wow what a kit! This kit was the first Japanese kit i made! The chap at my local model shop persuaded me to purchase it, as i only bought Airfix or Italeri!

Count me in with the 1/48 spitfires that come in the airfix club packages when you join.

This will be my first GB so I will keep it simple.

I might make a diorama with it after. Depends how well it goes.

Edited by chris harte

Right, enough hanging around the edges, I'm in, :unsure: first GB and first showing of me 'andywork, so be kind, I'm old, you know!!!!

Airfix 1/72 Hurricane 11c, with markings for Karel Kutterwascher's 1 Sqn intruder :pilot: , the original, not the BBMF's version. The kit will be built OOB with decals from the Sky Decals sheet.

Woofie, this is ALL your fault if it goes sadly wrong :poo: , remember, I used to push you round in your pram :innocent: , so it could be smacked botty time on Sunday at Cosford :tease:

BTW hope to meet somme of you there

Ian

I'll give it a try then, with this:

PhantomFG1002.jpg

Fujimi 25th anniversary boxing with Xtradecal transfers for XV574/Z of 111 Sqn.

As always in-flight, so if anyone needs the metal gears, rubber tyres, photo-etch, open-canopy clear parts (minus HUD), funky nose or decals from this boxing, let me know :)